Roberts’ Role in 2000 Election

While this might not be a direct payback for a favor, it does look like John Roberts was of great help to George Bush in the legal maneuvers to steal the 2000 election. The Dallas News Reports that, “Although his name did not appear on the briefs, three sources who were personally aware of Judge Roberts’ role said he gave Republican Gov. Jeb Bush critical advice on how the Florida Legislature could constitutionally name George W. Bush the winner at a time when Republicans feared that if the recount were to continue the courts might force a different choice.”

Besides the response from John Kerry available here, multiple other responses and information on Roberts’ record were posted on The Unofficial Kerry Blog after the nomination was announced last night.

11 Responses to Roberts’ Role in 2000 Election

1. Marjorie G says:

I like the graphics. Best of luck on this creative and useful endeavor! I’m in the middle of Brooklyn primaries, but will try to stop by when I can.

2. battlebo says:

Ron & Pamela…
    The site looks great…
    I suppose you have disinfectant on hand to repel the likes of Fritz and MK?

As usual, those who do Bush bidding do well and the rest of us get screwed.
    Roberts is 50 years old and we can expect a long and disgusting court career.

3. battlebob says:

I can’t even spell my own name correctly anymore..

4. LOL! Battlebo!

I’m not sure after tweaking with this I know what my name is! Thanks!

5. Fritz says:

Not much of a secret, and nothing to be ashamed of. Just another example of how smart Bush is.

6. Ron Chusid says:

How smart Bush is? I recall even you agreed he was a doofus (or some similar adjective) a while back.

Even if, for the sake of discussion, we considered Roberts an excellent choice, I wouldn’t accept this as disproving everything else which suggests that Bush is not very bright. Fortunately for Bush, and hopefully for the country, Bush does have others in the White House helping him with decisions.

7. Fritz

Welcome! I’m glad you are here. Really I am. Every Democratic Blog needs a resident Republican.

And yes Ron is right, you did call Bush a dufus a while back. 😉

8. Ron Chusid says:

From LUTD (blog comments):

ROFL, how could they ever have imagined a dufus like Bush?

Pamela, Party’s were considered traitorous, that is why the Electoral College gave the top two slots to the top two vote getters.
    Fritz | 24 May 2005 @ 16:10

9. battlebob says:

An example of how smart Bush is?

You gotta be kidding!

Rove made the choice.

Besides, a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
    Even a stopped watch is correct twice a day.

So when are your kids voluntering for Iraq?