John Kerry is currently on a trip across the country. Although, I am told by a member of Kerry’s Senate staff that he is on vacation, it appears that Kerry is combining work with pleasure… see my earlier post on his stop in Montana.

Kerry is scheduled to stop in Seattle on Friday August 19th, to address Democratic Legislators at DLCC Annual Luncheon.

Kerry Calls State Legislators the Cornerstone of the Democratic Party

Washington, D.C. – On August 19, Senator John Kerry will be the keynote speaker at the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee’s (DLCC) 10th Annual Luncheon in Seattle, WA. The Democratic legislators will be in Seattle for the National Conference of State Legislatures Annual Meeting.

Kerry’s remarks will focus on the importance of Democratic victories at the local level, specifically state legislative seats, and how Democrats can ensure that they have the resources and tools needed to communicate our values and ideas to voters across the country.

The DLCC is committed to creating Democratic majorities in state legislative chambers across the country in 2006 and beyond. The organization’s mission is to build and maintain winning, state-of-the-art campaign committees through a continuing partnership with legislative leaders, professional staff, and supporters. The DLCC will meet throughout the week in Seattle to discuss strategy and plans for the future.

Keeping America’s Promise, a leadership PAC chaired by John Kerry, has donated more than $100,000 to candidates, state parties and legislative caucuses across the country. Keeping America’s Promise is working to build a national grassroots organization dedicated to supporting Democratic candidates at every level of government, strengthening the Democratic Party, training young political staff and promoting a policy agenda that Americans deserve.

Friday August 19
12:30pm PT
John Kerry speaks at the DLCC’s 10th Annual Luncheon
The Westin Seattle, Grand Ballroom
1900 Fifth Avenue in Seattle, WA

14 Responses to John Kerry Travels to Seattle to Address Democratic Legislators at DLCC Annual Luncheon

1. janet says:

I just got back from the grocery store and there was an SUV parked next to my van. What caught my eye was the new looking clean Kerry Edwards sticker right next to the round seal of the United States Marines. With all that is happening with Cindy Sheehan, I almost waited for that person to come out of the store to give them a hug. I assume they noticed my chipped and dirty “War Costs” sticker.

2. Teresa says:

Good news, janet.

I am always amazed at Kerr’s efforts for the people of this country. He deserves every reward he gets, and I hope they are many.

3. Teresa says:

‘Kerry’….as in John.

4. Teresa says:

Yes Pamela! Kerry on, Kerry forth, Kerry me back to Old Virginny!!

5. Teresa says:

Or howse about:

Swing low, sweet chariot

Coming for to Kerry me home.

6. Teresa

You are in fine spirits tonight! Kerry can carry us all the way to 08!

7. Teresa says:

Yeah, Pamela. The flames of love are flickering in my heart! I believe I’ll start chanting:

’08

’08

Can’t wait!

Can’t wait!

Another debate

The best candidate

Can’t wait!

Can’t wait!

8. Teresa

You are definately in fine spirits… I’ll join you…

’08
    ’08
    It’s never too late
    Can’t wait!
    ’08

9. Todd says:

Does anyone know if Kerry has posted an itinerary of this listening tour? I checked all his sites and don’t see anything. The last time he came through Atlanta in February I didn’t find out about it until after the fact.

10. Todd

Technically he’s on vacation. He is scheduled to be in Seattle next Friday. I posted about that. Other than that from what I understand nothing else is scheduled. Of course I will post if that changes.

11. Todd says:

Thanks Pamela. It’s these kind of “below the radar” speeches he gives that keep the momentum going.

12. Todd

KJ and I were discussing JK’s “below the radar” tendencies earlier today. People always forget how adept he is at staying “below the radar”, and then little statements pop-up like the one from Max. While there is a lot to be said about the netroots, there’s still much to be said about “below the radar”. Those of us with JK before IA, saw the power of the “below the radar” the night of the Iowa caucus.

13. Indie Liberal says:

Another problem: How is Kerry going to erase that myth that Senators can’t win the presidency? I know some Dems are pushing for governors to run this time also?

Isn’t DLCC the same as DLC?