Senate Democrats Have Huge Cash On Hand Advantage

From the DSCC:

DEMOCRATS ARE OUTRAISING REPUBLICANS, HAVE A HUGE CASH-ON-HAND ADVANTAGE:

Senate Democrats have almost twice as much cash on hand as the Senate GOP does. Last month, the DSCC continued to outraise the NRSC, bringing its total cash on hand to $16.2 million compared to the $8.7 million in its GOP counterpart’s coffers. [www.tray.com]

Keep up the momentum: Donate to the DSCC.

More news from the DSCC, here.

7 Responses to Senate Democrats Have Huge Cash On Hand Advantage

1. Ginny in CO says:

:) :) :) :) :) :) Too early for singing. Just smile…

However, they might have a lower take this month since most of us will be
    sending the donations to Katrina’s victims.

2. Ginny

Hopefully the tight repubs will be donating to Katrina too, so we’ll still be ahead. It’s a good sign though. Good news from the DSCC tonight. I signed up for the RoadMap on the DSCC, the link is on the McCaskill thread.

3. kj says:

Drove to Kansas City and back yesterday… it was a beautiful day. The last song before hitting home was U2′s “It’s a beautiful day.” Immediately became melancholy… missing the great, great hope that John Kerry represented to me then, and represents to me now. So, reading this news this morning is a great tonic before I head out into rural red for another day in the salt mines.

We’ll take back our country yet. :-)

4. kj says:

ps. signed up for the roadmap as well.

5. Nick says:

Are there any notions out there as to whether or not these donations to the DSCC are in small or large denominations? Dems showed they were very good at raising cash in hte 1990s, unfortunately, a lot of it was from corporate types who opposed progressive economics. A night in the Lincoln bedroom anyone?
    Yes Kerry is a progressive and did a SUPERB job raising money from small donors, I just hope that Dems are keepin’ building their small donor base.
    Obviously I want to give money to both the DSCC and the DCCC (for Dems in the House) but given the glories of the Bush economic plan (talk about sarcasm), some of us (okay a lot of us) might not have as much money as before. So if one could only give $$$ to the DCCC OR the DSCC what do folks at the Democratic Daily Recommend? Get rid of the GOP House or the GOP Senate Majority?

6. Ginny in CO says:

Nick,
    Just in case you check back, I usually go to DFA and MoveOn for specific candidates.
    Cutting out the middle organization, I guess. (I especially like donating to candidates in places I used to live:)

Other than that, I’d love to see Nancy Pelosi next in line for the Presidency – if some nutcase gets past the Secret Service. Taking back Congress is a longer shot than
    the Senate as far as what I’ve seen. But the country is just likely to snap at the chance to throw the Republicans out.

We still have the rest of this hurricane season AND next year to help convince folks that global warming is, literaly, upon us.

7. Nick says:

Ginny,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, we may be closer to Speaker Pelosi than you think. Check out my Post on How to Win the House Back and you’ll see what I mean.