Russert and Imus Team Up to Blast Bush

If you haven’t caught the video of Tim Russert on The Daily Imus, it’s a must watch… You can catch it here courtesy of TheKid.

Here’s a few quips from the transcript:

Imus: “What Happened?”
NBC’s Tim Russert: “We don’t know but we do know the following…Why weren’t troops pre-positioned? Why weren’t supplies pre-positioned, in a way, in a capacity that could deal with hundreds of thousands of evacuees? The one thing that government is suppose to do, the reason we have a government is to protect its people. And the local, state and federal government has failed miserably in protecting its people. No one can question that. Now we have to find out exactly who did not fulfill their responsibility.

The entire Imus transcript from today is available here. It’s chock full… of must read.

12 Responses to Russert and Imus Team Up to Blast Bush

1. Teresa says:

I think this administration finally got in over its head

2. Teresa

Yes, I agree. Over their head in mucky poluted water filled with toxic waste and dead bodies.

3. florida dem says:

The level of incompetence that is ShrubCo is astounding. One of my friends said it well: “And just when we thought his handling of a crisis couldn’t be any worse than his 9/11 response, Shrub still manages to set the bar lower. Amazing” Another friend reminded me about how she predicted Shrub’s good ol boy appointments would come back to bite him in the ass. Rumsfeld, Condi, and now the horse trainer who heads FEMA have all turned out to be extremely poor choices. It’s like the man absolutely refuses to appoint someone who is actually qualified for a job. It’s mind boggling.

4. Florida Dem

Mind boggling, amazing, astouding, dumbfounding… I keep thinking there simply are not enough adjectives to decribe all of this… From the incompetance, the neglect, the blatant lies, the horror, all of it.

I don’t know if he can top this, I don’t want to know honestly.

5. Samurai Sam says:

Wouldn’t it be great if this sudden resurgence in press responsiblity lasted beyond the Hurricane Katrina crisis? Like say into the 2006 elections? I really believe that this could finally be the end of the road for Republican dominance in this country. Of course, even if it is, they will leave behind an egregiously Right-wing Supreme Court, but that’s another story!

Great blog, found you at Digby’s.

6. Samurai Sam

Welcome to The Democratic Daily. Glad you found us!

The story of the right-wing Supreme Court will be sadly rearing it’s ugly head in just a few days. I’m preparing for a battle royale. We’re not going to let this slide by with out a damn good fight. I’m hoping the sudden resurgence of the press responsibility will transfer into this fight. But yes, it is another story, one I am glad has been at least postponed for a few days. We need as much time as we can buy to keep informing America that these people are WAY OUT OF TOUCH, with average America.

7. Ron Chusid says:

This Administration has been over its head before, such as with 9/11 and Iraq. The difference is that this time people realize from the beginning that they are over their heads, and their usual spin is not working.

8. Teresa says:

Not only that, Ron, but the whole thing seems to be spinning way out of control and will have mega repercussions. It just won’t quit and now cholera sems to be here.

9. Teresa

I’m numb tonight. Totally numb. It just keeps getting uglier and uglier. We need some brightness… a beacon.

10. Sandra says:

This is NOT BLASTING Bush but trying to spread the blame around so that no one is responsible. We all learned that this is how bureauracy operates. NO ONE ever mentions Bush by name. The buck should stop there.

11. Sandra

Yes, the buck should stop with Bush. Many see that… more than ever.

12. kj says:

# florida dem Says:
    September 6th, 2005 at 7:14 pm

Florida Dem, you said it perfectly… “Shrub’s good ol boy appointments would come back to bite him in the ass.” That’s how I look (and plan to talk about) Bush’s appointment of Roberts… if he appoints a horse trainer to head FEMA, are we going to trust his appointment of Roberts?

Yes, I know I’m asking a rhetorical question. :-)