Earlier today Bush said, “I take responsibility” for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina. Bush plans to address the nation Thursday evening from Louisiana. I suppose we’ll hear more spin then.

Below is a statement from Senator John Kerry on President Bush accepting responsibility for the federal government’s failures in responding to Hurricane Katrina.

“This Administration still hasn’t figured out the difference between spin and leadership. The President has done the obvious, only after it was clear he couldn’t get away with the inexcusable. President Bush has accepted Michael Brown’s resignation and admitted the buck stops in the Oval Office. But there are a lot of survivors who want to know whether this will change anything. Does the White House even understand the problem? The Administration had four years after September 11th to get this right, and they were caught unforgivably unprepared to deal with a major emergency here at home. Do they now understand that our government’s efforts and resources have been going to the wrong priorities? What are they doing to make sure this never happens again other than talking tough talk?”

Related Posts:
— Words from John Kerry — Leave no American behind: Lessons learned from Hurricane Katrina
— Kerry Recalls Talking of LA Coastal Flooding at ‘04 LA Campaign Event
— Kerry, Lawmakers: U.S. Isn’t Prepared for Next Attack

37 Responses to John Kerry on President Bush Accepting Responsibility for the Federal Government’s Failures in Responding to Hurricane Katrina

1. KJ says:

“The President has done the obvious, only after it was clear he couldn’t get away with the inexcusable.”
    ~~ John Kerry

2. Marjorie G says:

When will the press highlight that he is our leader? And I do wonder what the words and spin will be from Bush.

3. Ginny in CO says:

I actually saw some of that press conference with W. Since I usually can’t tolerate watching W at all, it jumped out at me how poorly his expression and eye contact reinforced the words. He squirmed around looking at the podium and some of the press corps, but never looked directly at the cameras.

He has always – from the first debate with Gore – looked to me like the class disrupter trying to get away with something. This time, he finally looked like he knew he had been caught and there was no escaping it.

I wonder if the media will be open enough to show how much goes into filming his address Thursday eve from LA – that is diverted from recovery efforts.

4. Ginny in CO says:

I’d like some reporter to ask :

5. Indie Liberal says:

Marjorie G Says:

September 13th, 2005 at 12:47 pm

I wonder when too. I am tired of the propping Bush always gets from these people.

6. Andrew says:

The Noxious Lullaby:

I have been wide-awake for five years now.

Before that, I was adrift in a state of semi-consciousness, enjoying the sweet, feminine falsetto sung by our mainstream. Snuggled up in my supple and fluffy ignorance, I wandered softly through the ornate and fulfilling castle in the sky.

I drifted around in my dream state, complaining and making observations specific to the issues that served nothing more than the preservation of my own sleepy decadence.

I was a liberal, and despised racism, classism, and the like, but only to the limit of the range of my voice. Meanwhile, I drank too much and spent vast sums of money on causes beneficial to my own comfort.

I would say that I was the typical Caucasian Democrat, talking whilst sleeping. It is something that I am not proud of, but a fact nonetheless.

Admittedly, I was not a big fan of Al Gore way back when. My reasons were common among my friends as we felt that he seemed a bit too interested in methods that would seek to govern our personal lives. Simultaneously, I was not diligent in my knowledge of Mr. Bush, and relied solely on my contempt for his father to sway my vote away from him, making my choice a debate between “the lesser of two evils.”

I chose the third, Mr. Nader, thus compounding my own sense of “genious.”

As it turned out, my pride driven vote didn’t make much difference. Plans beneath the shallow surface had been drawn while I slept. Shills were in place. Crafted, powerful, and deliberate instigators worked feverishly to ensure the end result, and with great brilliance and success, the man who would turn out to be the worst President in our nation’s history was seated in the Oval Office.

Suddenly, a loud crash had interrupted my slumber.

Since the beginning of his Presidency, Mr. Bush has shown immense flaws of leadership. Some examples from the very beginning are legendary. All of us witnessed his swift disappearance from Washington upon failure after failure to pursue his agenda and that of his base.

And then the planes struck.

With this despicable act, we unified as a nation (I believe that If Gary Coleman were the President, we would have done the same.) With the nation behind him, his advisors must have taken a deep sigh of relief. For, we seemed to have blinded ourselves to the blatant truth that the President and his cabinet had failed us, resulting in the worst catastrophe to date in American history.

With knowledge of this blindness, the machine began running at peak capacity, simultaneously revealing and subverting the President’s number one priority: the conquering of Iraq, and concurrently, the rebirth of imperialism.

Yet again, plans were hastily drawn, but this time they were flawed from their conception by delusions of imperial proportions. Swift success in Afghanistan fed the delusional superiority of the new imperialists, who mistook their delusions for facts and deliberately ignored the historical consequences for imperialism.

Blatant lies were perpetrated on the floor of our House and Senate. Trinkets were waved around to emphasize the depth of the “clear and present danger.” Sixteen mendacious words were uttered to invoke the instability and fear of the American people, whose sense of security was already fragile as a result of the first failure of the President.

Meanwhile, our media, whose task is to protect its citizens from fascism, was in the midst of its own reprehensible failure.

Americans were being deliberately distracted from seeking the truth by relentless warnings about poison pens, exploding neckties, and the life saving benefits of having three rolls of duct tape.

Many major news networks opted to mimic the methods of Rojer Ailes, which lined the pockets of his bosses (including the Saudi Royal Family) with gold. In spite of any inkling of integrity we had witnessed wedged between the horrific “Alerts” and “Security Watch(es),” our media had recklessly and irreparably failed us.

The consequence of the failure was dire. Many were lulled back to sleep, falling hook line and sinker for the dubious assertion that “America will be safer” if we support the conservative agenda. A profound exploitation of communal ignorance was underway.

As it turns out, the lies of this President were much more complex than I had originally thought. It seems that his “agenda” had many layers. For example, to pursue his devious plan, he has made many concessions to repay his associates for their crimes. Unqualified and undignified individuals were placed in the highest offices of our ill-conceived protectorate. Corrupt and synonymous companies were granted large sums of money to “clean up” the various aftermaths.

He might have been successful had the forces of nature not intervened, thus exposing the depth of his own incompetence and that of his corrupt minions, which served to erode the thin veil of lies and criminal contempt that has allowed him to push forward.

As the destruction swept down from the heavens, the President, in his horrid narcissism, continued his “working vacation,” strumming guitars, sampling sweet frosting, and attending to matters of far less significance. The media, a shadow of what it once was, had inadvertently exposed the narcissism of this awful man; posting photographs of his decadence and delusion while concurrently recording the decline, fall, and death of our nations poor and abandoned people the South.

A camera cannot lie. And so, my eyes were then permanently propped open.

On this day, the machine- the battered but functioning mechanism of the President- is running at full steam. The levels of desperation are as glaring as they are astounding. In fact, one only needs to visit the White House website to witness the machine’s quest to put as many black faces on it as humanly possible.

Worse, those who enjoy vast audiences: Mehlmens, Oreillys, Humes; all are unified in spreading covert and deceptive messages to cloud the reality of the President’s ignorance in the face of great dangers.

In the wake of this deliberate plan, we are witness to the corrupt benefits that are once again being recklessly doled out to the Halliburtionous group of benefactors. Further, it seems that the quest to murk the obvious has shown growing success as we hear no outrage from the opposing institutions pertaining to the cronyism committed to accomplish expensive tasks ahead.

Once again, the poor must suffer while the rich profit at their growing expense. With nothing, they are now subject to the penalties Mr. Bush has imposed on them by devaluing the value of their services.

The following is fact:

Another gargantuan lie is being served to the American people. It is a lie that intends to distract us from the depth of this administration’s corruption. It is a lie that intends to rebury the partially exhumed incompetence for which we have all paid a dear price yet again as a result of the former.
    By now, we should all be fully aware of the scope of this President’s evil; but we have not witnessed the success or failure of the new lie.

I am fearful that many of my fellow Americans are not like I am. I fear that they are more interested in being lulled back to sleep. I fear that many wish to recapture the delusions of American life, of American insulation, of the American decadence, which we all are afflicted with.

I fear that our “fourth estate” deliberately seeks to fail us. I fear that my paranoid fantasies of some vast conspiracy are truer and more powerful than my wildest imagination.

In spite of my fears, I am clinging desperately that at least a handful of those who have endured my various writings are diligently defending their consciousness. I am hopeful that my message crescendos until it is unbearable to hear:

Your President has failed you.

Your government has failed you.

Your media has failed you.

Their lies are deliberate and their moralism, “a sham.” (Lefever, 5) Their efforts are in the interest of serving themselves above the likes of you and I.

Once again, the wicked have overtaken the just, and we are now all victims of its wrath. Our only measure must be to seek to remove this vile President from his seat before the “American dream” retreats permanently from our collective grasp and is replaced with fascism.

My most sincere hope is that we conscientiously pursue this measure. Nothing short of the sum of everything we consider “American” is at stake.

All of us have taken a nap from time to time. I assume that many have done so solely for the sake of their own sanity. I, myself, am not immune to the temptation to give up and accept the reality that my lack of power has little if any effect on the outcome in spite of how loudly I shout. But now is not the time for anyone to return to his or her slumber.

Now is the time to awaken the others.

We must not allow our brothers and sisters to be lulled back to sleep. For, this time they are in danger of never regaining consciousness. This time, their dream will thrust our worst nightmare into a certain and ruinous reality.

Work Cited

Lefever, Ernest W. Ethics And World Politics: Four Perspectives; (Page 5: Paragraph 2; ) Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD; 1972.

Summarized from:

“The corruption of realism or idealism can be called moralism-the most popular rival and impostor of genuine morality. Morality and ethics (the Greek derivative with the same meaning) has to do with right or wrong behavior in all spheres. It is a discipline of ends and means. However primitive or sophisticated, all moral systems define normative ends and acceptable rules for achieving them. Moralism, on the other hand, is a sham, morality, a partial ethic. . .”

7. Robert in IN says:

“I’d like some reporter to ask :

Given that we built the Panama Canal in less than 10 years almost a century ago, why couldn’t/didn’t we make the Port of New Orleans safe from a hurricane in the last 5 or 10?”
    ~~Ginny in CO

Great point – maybe we can ask the Democrats in New Orleans about PREVENTION and EVACUATION instead of blamming reaction times – this could have been an event that was prevented.

8. Jade says:

Andrew! Brilliant! Well said. I am speechless. My mind has been shaken. My heart has be dissected. My soul has been touched!

9. dirty hippie says:

Andrew, That pretty well sums it all up… While I voted for Gore, I know now that it doesn’t matter whom anyone voted for in 2000 because they had everything in place to steal the election regardless of the polling results. John Roberts was consulted on what the FL Legislature could do to ensure the electoral votes went to Bush and look where he is now – sitting in front of a majority-Republican Senate awaiting confirmation as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

We have a major national disaster on our hands and who is benefitting from it financially? Certainly not the victims of the hurricaine! No, the corporate cronies are the ones who are moving in and taking our tax dollars by the billions. Just as he appoints his loyalist followers to powerful government positions (which WE pay for both in dollars and risk), so does he reward those who pay enormous amounts of money to get him into a position that will benefit them (the LARGE MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS) .

Bush is a sociopath. He has no conscience. Nor do any of his corporate cronies. They all are good at acting but they are like stereotypical used car salesmen. They’ll do anything to make a buck. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. The Jesus-loving is a facade to get the brainwashed religious “right” on-board. I only hope that this country doesn’t deteriorate as far as Nazi Germany did before the citizenry awakened to what was really happening.

10. Robert in IN Says: September 13th, 2005 at 3:19 pm

Given the fact that Bush declared a Federal State of Emergency in the area BEFORE Katrina hit land, I would think that the Federal Government would have been more involved with evacuation and prevention.

But, if your a Bush defender you won’t get that.

11. Andrew says:

Thanks to everyone!

Your comments mean the world to me and I hope that my small voice is at least an inspriration to one or two of you.

I have been doing a lot of writing lately and hope to do much more.

Keep fighting the good fight!

12. Dave from Princeton says:

Robert in IN Says:
    September 13th, 2005 at 3:19 pm

Nobody has to ask them about prevention. Well if you are talking about prevention of the severe flooding itself to begin with. That has been known for years by everyone. Well, except Bush supporters of course. See it concerns actual facts and they don’t believe in them, aren’t even allowed to hear them and certainly aren’t going to ever use any themselves. It is verboten! They just like to make crap up or more often, just regurgitate back out the slop they lap up constantly from Bush admin, GOP talking points and pols, Faux, NewsMax, hate radio, and much of the “liberal MSM” that basically has just repeated the same crap started by those sources for about 10-15 years or so(well from the Bush admin for about 5 years of course)

The Bush Admin and GOP controlled congress have drastically slashed funding for the Army Corps of Engineers each year since Bush took office. The funds which were required to continue finishing and improving the levees protecting NO, along with other projects of course.

BTW, the man Bush appointed to head the Army Corps of Eng in 2001, assistant secretary of the Army and Mississippi’s former U.S. Rep. Mike Parker, resigned in 2002. Well actually he was given a half hour to decide if he wanted to resign or be fired. Seems he was very upset with the drastic cuts Bush insisted on making to the Corps budget. Parker then enraged the Bush admin when he had the audacity to question Bush’s planned budget cuts for the corps. “I think he was fired for being too honest and not loyal enough to the president,” said lobbyist Colin Bell, who represents communities with corps-funded projects.

See the guy had done the worst thing you can do in the Bush admin(and basically in the current GOP itself). Parker apparently thought he should try to do what was expected of a person in his position if he wanted to do a good job. What a fool huh! That is a HUGE no no now in the GOP. Bush, Party, lobbyists and your corporate backers all come before country. And only 100% of the time is acceptable.

Though it was kind of Parker’s fault. If he was going to insist on trying to do his job when he was offered the position, then he should have declined the appointment to begin with. That isn’t what is wanted or ever expected in this admin. Ever. In any position, it seems…

13. Ron Chusid says:

As if blaming the local politicians in any way reduces Bush’s blame for his screw ups here.

14. Andrew

Thank you! Wonderful, eloquent words are always appreciated here. Welcome to The Democratic Daily!

15. Dave from Princeton

I think Robert in IN was perhaps a drive-by koolaid drinking, spin buying, denial ridden enabler of the current screw up residing in the WH.

16. Ron Chusid says:

Is there some reason some people either do not hear John Kerry or forget what he says?

Checking on the links to Democratic Daily, one comes from a site which acts shocked that Kerry is speaking out against Bush. It’s not only today. Every time Kerry speaks out (and it happens quite frequently) there’s a round of comments along the lines that its about time Kerry did so. Then Kerry will speak out against Bush again, and there’s another round claiming this is the first time.

It’s far from the first time. John Kerry was speaking out against Bush before very many were. It was Kerry who called for regime change in Washington when Bush went into Iraq.

Check out the title of this New York Times article from 2002 for evidence of who was among the first to criticize Bush:

By Attacking Bush, Kerry Sets Himself Apart
    By James Dao
    New York Times | Politics
    Wednesday, 31 July, 2002

WASHINGTON, July 30 — Secretary of State Colin L. Powell was cruising through a Senate hearing on arms control, charming his Democratic adversaries and deftly parrying their questions, when Senator John Kerry, a Democrat from Massachusetts, took the microphone.
    In the aggressive style he honed as a prosecutor two decades ago, Mr. Kerry unleashed a barrage of criticism against President Bush’s nuclear arms treaty with Russia, saying it “neutered” previous pacts and included a “huge contradiction.” Twice, he interrupted a clearly irritated Mr. Powell in midsentence.
    For many Democrats, the war on terrorism has made that kind of frontal assault on Bush foreign policy seem risky, if not politically suicidal. But not for Mr. Kerry. A decorated Vietnam veteran and potential presidential candidate, he has lustily attacked the administration on policies like trans-Atlantic relations, Pentagon spending, Middle East negotiations and even Mr. Bush’s greatest triumph, Afghanistan.
    “I think there were serious errors,” Mr. Kerry said in an interview, referring to the American ground campaign in Afghanistan that he contends probably allowed Osama bin Laden to slip into Pakistan. He made the point again on Monday as he joined other potential presidential candidates in speaking to centrist Democrats in New York.

also at:

17. Ron

It’s “fear of Kerry” as Marjorie put it the other day. People just plain don’t pay attention.

18. Ron Chusid says:

19. Andrew says:

Thanks. . .

Sorry to invade your thread. I just felt I needed to spread my message, which is hard when one is not very prestigious.

20. Indie Liberal says:

Good question Ron.

21. Ginny in Co says:

The wonder of the blog is that those of us who have some coherent thoughts and a keyboard can put them out for more reflection. Glad to have you and that you woke up!!

Nice that you liked the question – except you seem to have missed it’s point. The Port of NO is our #1 and without it this nation would never have attained or maitained it’s wealth. That alone should have put it on the maintenance priority list – and proper maintenance would have also taken care of the flooding potential.

No, they couldn’t afford that. At last year’s PAM hurricane game with FEMA, state and local officials, the overwhelming needs to prepare for this catastrophe were clearly apparent. The local officials did not begin to have the funds to do so and their requests for assistance were met with the response that the money was going to homeland security (but not the port, refineries, railroad hub and chemical factories in LA)

On Dateline the other night, among the PAM participants interviewed was an LSU professor who had done the computer work to predict the problems that would be faced. At one point he mentioned getting tents stockpiled for the evacuees. Other people present confirmed that the FEMA official actually laughed at him and said “Americans don’t live in tents” He had the impression that due to his African upbringing and accent she considered him a foreigner.

Failing the level of help needed from FEMA to prepare for this disaster, the
    locals did try to come up with evacuation plans. A CD was about to be released this month to set up means to achieve the evacuation of the poor.
    Katrina didn’t wait.

Ron, Republicans aren’t the only ones who don’t see facts. Recheck the Dem #s in the PIPA report. Dems are afraid of losing again. I pointed out yesterday, this country is focused on the NOW, the winners. Politics might as well be a sports game – or the election of homecoming king.

22. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

“As if blaming the local politicians in any way reduces Bush’s blame for his screw ups here”

Ron you are my man!!! I have said it so often, and you are on track my man.

“Maybe Republicans have fear of Kerry, but why aren’t Democrats paying attention?”

Some are Ron, and now some are listening to someone that no longer fears Kerry. Tides are changing, and your party needs to understand and take control. Your day is coming. Would you be willing to accept one Republican for a few Dems. that won’t listen? A Republican that is willing to post on a liberal blog? You just have to look and see my post, and you will know that we are at a crossroad. We all will gain or loose, in what happens in the future. But if my guest post helps or not, it will show that we can work as one.

“Nobody has to ask them about prevention. Well if you are talking about prevention of the severe flooding itself to begin with. That has been known for years by everyone.”

Dave from Princeton, man am I ever glad to meet you. I think our post might be the same shock and awe style. BTW, I sent part two of my series to Pamela today to edit and post. Not as fiery as part 1, but still hits a mark and makes a point. Ill try to make up for it in the future parts hehehe.

23. “Not as fiery as part 1, but still hits a mark and makes a point. Ill try to make up for it in the future parts hehehe.” LOL. 😉

24. Andrew

Feel free to invade anytime. Your message is good and we are very glad you shared it here.

25. Donnie

personally I feel that your participation here has been very inspiring. At some point we need to learn to be a bi-partisan country again and work together for the same goals. Sometimes sh*t happens, that wakes people up, like Katrina and out of something bad comes something better.

26. Next time there is a crisis, let’s tell Bush that a feeding tube is being removed from a brain-dead woman. Then he will get up in the middle of the night to gather Congress around him and pretend to be President (as opposed to vacationing).

27. Victor I. Piercey,

You got that right…

Unbelievable, but of course 100% true. Well it would have been unbelievable pre-Bush. With this admin, you don’t ever have to make stuff up to make them look bad, they do that 24×7. With this gang, truth is worse than fiction.

28. KJ says:

Dave, you have mail…

29. Romelee says:

Did anyone notice Bush never blamed his party man I`m afraid the Democracts heads will be the ones to roll.The american people seem to forget quickily.

30. Kathleen says:

I’ve learned never to think, it can’t get worse, because with Dopey and Cheney, they seem to have a limitless capacity to harm.

So what to do? For starters, I think we should ALL give him back The Finger, the same way a protester told Cheney to go F**K himself, that’s assmuning he knows how. Maybe Jeff Gannon was there to teach them both a thing or two. I’m sorry to be crass, but they set the tone, bringing honor and integrity back to the Oval office and all.

When I watch Dopey and Cheney, I try to think what Freud would think. On Dopey’s mock search for WMD’s at the Press Corps dinner, for example. Freud woud say that there are no real jokes. He’s right. Dopey was telling the unfunny truth. The so called real search for WMD’s was a mock search in reality because the results were irrelevant.

Then we had Dopey giving the whole world The Finger, just before he appointed John Bolton to represent the U.S. at the U.N. That wasn’t a joke either. Indeed with Bolton at the helm, the whole world is indeed F**KED.

Again, what to do? Perhaps we could send Dopey a message by launching an e-mail campaign to the U.N. Credentials Committee, and letting the people of the world object to Dopey’s big man on campus. Technically, and procedurally, it probably cannot prevent Bolton from having his credentials accepted, but they deserve a b**ch slap!

31. Gelbert says:

I was a republican. I now Hate the GOP.

32. Gelbert

Welcome to The Democratic Daily.

33. Mark J says:

I thought Kerry’s point was very eloquent.

I think I can explain the Democratic “fear” of Kerry, however. For the insiders, he is now an unknown quantity — even Dean now seems to consider his words so that he won’t upset Biden.

Among the actual Democrats, and by those I mean the people who are constantly disappointed in Joe Biden — I can only speak for myself as a disappointed voter; After the 2000 election, and Al Gore’s commendable restraint and dignity in trying to allow the process to go forward, I have slowly and reluctantly become a rabid and angry man — ready to tar and feather these carpet baggers in the White House. By quietly accepting an obviously stolen election in 2004–and I’m not going to bother dignifying NeoCons on “proving this again, Kerry lost all credibility with me. I wanted a champion. I think more REAL Liberals want someone more like Howard Dean — during the election — not after he got tamed (though I can’t really blame him, he was the front-runner until he mentioned how we needed to do something about media consolidation–then strangely the next week, an innocent “yeehaa” was spun as a sign he was out of control–very strange). I was truly disappointed in a man who was a hero of the vietnam era becoming a total wimp.

Doesn’t anyone get it yet? It doesn’t matter if we act dignified or if we have a war hero trying to military spending. If anything a Democrat has to say might infringe on a corporate financial supporter (read crook) of BushCo they are going to be criticized. When you are dealing with shameless crooks, you need to recognize that “tactics” don’t matter. There is a lot of creativity involved in making someone look bad. Even with Bush playing a guitar, a signed copy of the Federal Emergency papers, and a week of watching people dying on an off-ramp from a CNN camera — There are still Kool-Aide drinkers who defend Bush. So Democratic leaders need to quit trying to appease such a dimwitted group from the Anti-Reality crowd and start becoming champions of Liberalism. We all know what we believe in. Namely, the public good. A Democrat would spend $100 Million in prevention. The Republicans would save $90 Million and then $100 Billion on the No Bid Contractor to clean up the waste. How many examples of what Republicanism has cost us do we need? Enron, the Savings and Loan bailout, Global Warming? Can’t we show how foreign aide saves us money? Can’t we talk about how Carter’s ideas on conservation and being an honest global citizen might have prevented this expensive and dangerous fiasco of being wasteful bullies of the world? Why have we let Republican’s get away with ideas about sharing becoming Communism? Every great principle of Liberalism is something we teach in Kindergarten — a class couldn’t function without it. We need to have more faith in our ideals and in the true power of peace — and when we kick ass, we don’t ask for permission.

If Kerry could attend a meeting with some lobbyists and Republicans and maybe bloody a few noses, I think he would have a career again. If he could speak out against the DLC which has either been paid to lose fights or isn’t getting paid enough to care that might be a start. I want the 24 year old Kerry — not the well spoken and polished bureaucrat.

One more clue for the DLC. If you don’t do something about electronic voting machines I am not going to send any money to support Democratic candidates. There is no point wasting my time and money on a farce.

34. Mark J

You came to the wrong blog to bash John Kerry — or for that matter any of our Democratic leaders, be they members of the DLC, the DNC, the far left, whatever faction — The Democratic Daily is not the place for that. There’s plently of blogs and forums that support that, this one does not.

35. Indie Liberal says:

Bye bye. 🙂

36. Ron Chusid says:

The Kool-Aide drinkers who believe Kerry accepted a stolen election are almost as out of touch with reality as those who defend Bush.

Kerry still has a career, and lots of supporters. While the blogosphere isn’t Kerry’s strongest area of support, we even find that a major Kerry story here with links on major sites can bring in a couple thousand extra page loads in a day, so clearly some in the blogosphere are interested. (It’s also interesting that despite all the Kerry bashing there, the largest candidate group on DU is Kerry’s).

Kerry has wisely been speaking out against Bush and knows better than to divide the Democrats with an attack on the DLC by name. He has criticized them where it matters. He has been critical of the war (supported by many in the DLC) and has spoken out several times since the election against compromising liberal principles (as opposed to the DLC move towards the center).

37. Pingback: 578