Hurricane Rita now Category 4

An FYI from the Weather Channel: Hurricane Rita now Category 4

9 Responses to Hurricane Rita now Category 4

1. Ron Chusid says:

Update: They are now calling for evacuation of low lying areas of Houston which are at higher risk of floods.

2. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

It’s gonna get deep now Ron. Panic shopping for supplies have already started.

3. Ron Chusid says:

That’s no surprise. Personally, if I lived anywhere around that part of the country I already would have stocked up on supplies for such an emergency after seeing what happened with Katrina.

4. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

The largest prob. is that we are just getting to where shelves are stocked back up. Some items like eggs, milk, meats, and bread were in very short supply. Might see a repeat of that. Can’t really blame people for being gun shy after everything that has unfolded.

5. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

Ron, I forgot to give you this link to check out the weather buoys in the Gulf. It breaks the Gulf down into sections. Some of the stations have been knocked offline, but a lot still work.

6. Donnie

Are you in the path again, or are you okay?

P.S. I never got that email from you regarding your post about JK’s speech.

7. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

Pamela, I didn’t send the mail yet. Been running around, but I will mail you. If this storm hits western Louisiana, it will have effects on my area still, but I will be on the eastern side of the storm this time if it does. The size of this thing is awesome. If it makes a nothern turn that brings it to Lafayette or New Iberia, where Andrew hit, then it’s gonna be a long ride.

8. Donnie

Try to keep us posted… needless to say you are part of the family here now! Last year when all the hurricanes hit FL that seemed unbelievable… now this.

9. Donnie From Houma, LA says:

I sure will Pamela. You have mail.