Christian School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school in Ontario, CA, because her parents are lesbians and practicing an “immoral” life style…

Your family does not meet the policies of admission,” Supt. Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, Shay’s biological mother. The policy, he added, states that at least one parent cannot engage in practices “immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style [sic] such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship.”

The letter included two checks refunding $3,415, Shay’s tuition for half the school year and an art fee. Attempts to reach Stob were unsuccessful.

Clark and her partner, Mitzi Gray, have been together for 22 years, and have three daughters; the others are ages 9 and 19. Clark and Gray said school officials learned of their relationship after Shay and another cheerleader were reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game Sept. 16.

After Clark was told that her daughter could no longer attend the school, the mother was ordered to remove Shay from cheerleading practice, collect her daughter’s belongings and leave the property. Shay and her parents say they will not appeal the school’s ruling. Shay will attend public school next week.

15 Responses to Christian School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

1. Ron Chusid says:

The test shows I’m socially very liberal and economically moderate, which wasn’t a surprise. What I found interesting is that this test, unlike other such tests I’ve taken on line which doesn’t get into partisan politics, also says I’m a Democrat. I wonder if this is based upon the results to the main portion of the test, or the final questions at the end (which they say aren’t included in the score) such as saying I voted for Kerry.

2. I’m socially liberal and economically liberal = a socialist. I always thought I was economically moderate .. hmmm

3. Ron Chusid says:

Looking further I see how they clasify the political parties based upon beliefs.

I find it interesting that economically I could fit into either party due to the way they stretch (although I’d be at the more “socialist” edge of the Republican Party. The difference is that the Republican spectrum doesn’t get anywhere socially liberal enough.

Is this true in the real world? Maybe. There are supposed social liberals in the Republican Party, but we’ve seen most of them move to the right recently.

4. Ron

I thought they questions were rather interesting. There was one I took last year that pegged me leaning liberatian. LOL! I don’t think so!

5. Ron Chusid says:

These types of surveys often have me leaning libertarian, especially if they separate left libertarianism and right libertarianism. As these labels have quite a bit of ambiguity, and as the mix of questions can make a big difference in how someone is categorized, it is possible to wind up all over the place on different surveys of this type.

I’m pretty consistently on the libertarian side on social issues, but can wind up in different areas on different surveys economically depending upon the specific questions and how they categorize the answers.

6. Teresa says:

I’m a socialist!

Actually, I swing many ways. I lean toward anarchism really, since I think that the only hope for society is for every individual to govern himself and follow rules out of desire not force.And I don’t normally follow leaders. Kerry is the first. I think hierarchies are ultimately destructive. But that’s idealistic, so until then, socialism it will be. I’ve been Communistic at times too, sharing everything, including money. But I am not at all anti corporation. I just want them to be ethical.

I do believe that strength in a society comes from all sectors and that the healthier each individual is, the better the whole. So I support efforts to make sure others have the basics, and as a taxpayer, I want some of that money spent that way. It will make life better for me.

7. NativeTexan4Kerry says:

I think the test is kinda flawed. Some of the questions put you in categories where they shouldn’t. And look at the people! Reagan more to the right than bush? JK more central than Hillary?!?! Ha. Anyway, the test was fun. I came out as Socialist, which I think was just because I’m socially and economically liberal, so I’ll just take that to mean Democrat! yay!

8. Ron Chusid says:

It is definately very limited. At best it gives a rough idea where someone stands. It is no where precise enough to have any meaning in comparing two different people of the same party.

9. LOL are you ready to laugh. It said I am a Social and Economical Liberal. I am best described as a Democrat. Just outside the centrist circle.

10. Ron Chusid says:

I’m not a bit surprised. The Republicans get much of their support by the way they define the views of others. There are a huge number of people who agree with the Democrats rather than Republicans on the issues but vote Republican because of the misconceptions they have as to the views of the Democrats.

In a two party system, each party will typically have a wide range of views. Presently we have an unusual system in which the Republicans represent a vary narrow range and attempt to trick others into voting for them. Such a system cannot persist. Either the Republican party will have no choice but to expand the include more moderate viewpoints, or sooner or later they will become to be seen as an extremist party and die out. Most likely, with our strong tradition for the current two parties, the Republicans will become more moderate over time, but this may or may not occur before they suffer election defeats.

11. Donnie

In the recent weeks that we’ve gotten to know you, I’m not surprised. What would have been more shocking is if you showed up as “Socialist” like me. That surprised me, I thought I was closer to centrist.

12. Ron Chusid says:

I suspect that they were pretty free in applying “socialist” to ideas. I think that any position which differed from pure laissez-faire capitalism would have pushed the responder towards being characterized as socialist on this survey, even if the idea wasn’t really socialist by definition.

Another thing I found intersting about this is that Libertarians and Democrats were next to each other with Republicans on the other side. In terms of principles this makes sense, but differs from many libertarians now supporting the Republicans. This comes about due to Republicans using Libertarian rhetoric (and therefore attrackting some Libertarian support) even though their actual policies differ very sharply from libertarian ideas.

13. tomz says:

She’s probably better off. She doesn’t need all that brainwashing anyway. Better to break away from the mythological cartoon world of religion when young than have to try when your 35. Although I disagree with the schools motives, they’ve probably done the child a favor in the long run.

They’ve 1. demonstrated their complete lack of compassion, of understanding, showing their true colors of bigotry, contempt and hatred for the ‘other’ and
    2. they’ve released yet another soul from the bonds of a false theology.

Karma has a way of working itself out.

14. Tom Z

I wi=ondered the parents thinking in sending her there.