Pamela Leavey Begins A New Half Century

The Democratic Daily ‘regulars’ just have to take a break today to wish Pamela Leavey a Happy BIG FIFTY Birthday. The indefatigable ‘first Kerry blogger’ is still hard at her pursuit of Drowning out the Noise Machine, with a liberal dose of news, national and local politics, progressive commentary and opinions, and commonsense conversation, because “Truth is the American bottom line.”

The past 15 months at The Democratic Daily have been a wonderful experience for me. I have had a place to comment on the issues that are important to me, to write as I never have before, and gained a friend I have come to know, respect and trust as much as anyone in my life.

The atmosphere at this blog has always been a welcome combination of news, ideas and good conversation; with the occasional dust up, tirade and satire to keep us from getting too comfortable.

Pamela has a lifetime of varied experience she brings to this personal effort to create some sanity into a crazy world. I often wonder how she can keep her own sanity juggling single parenting, a business and the blog; yet she always seems to come out stronger from whatever life throws her way.

On behalf of The Democratic Daily community,

😉 ❗ 😀 8) 😆 Happy Birthday Pamela 😆 8) 😀 ❗ 😉

24 Responses to Pamela Leavey Begins A New Half Century

1. Javelin says:

Happy Birthday Pamela…..what you’ve done in the last ten years is just amazing to me and an inspiration.

2. HAPPY B-DAY Pamela!!! We wuv you hon! For those that were not here when I first arrived at The Dem Daily by accident, Pamela is the one that got a Republican to comment here, and vent against his own party. She could have just let it go and it would have been over. But her and the others chose to welcome me. What you see in me now, is a direct cause of Pamela and the big heart she has. {{{PAMELA}}}

Many Hugs,
    The Katrinacrat

3. DAS San Diego says:

Happy Birthday Pamela! Thanks for making this a great place to communicate. Enjoy your day!

4. Marjorie G says:

Happy Birthday, Pamela. May your stewardship at the Dem Daily continue to be a blessing and outlet to be enjoyed.

What a birthday gift you were just given!

Be well.

5. battlebob says:

Happy birthday.
    I hope you like your present.

6. janet says:

Happy Birthday!

The fifties are good. We are not old but just more beautiful.

7. battlebob says:

The Repubican Party is doomed…
    Read it here…

It is cross-posted on DailyKos

8. All the best, Pamela. To paraphrase Billy Crystal, it’s not how you feel, it’s how you look, and you look maaahvelous, dahling. ;>

9. Dotti Janiak says:

Happy Birthday, soul sister!!

Pamela, you are the greatest. Keep doing what you’re doing. We all love it, and you.

Many happy returns of this special day.

10. Hi Everyone

Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes! I’m slacking a little today, since it’s the BIG 5-0.

I also want to note that it is Dotti J’s Birthday today as well! Happy Birthday to Dotti J!

11. Nick says:

Happy Birthday Pamela

Thank you so much for setting up this blog!

12. mbk says:

Happy Birthday. Not older, just feistier!

13. Teresa says:

HALF A CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Pamela and Dotti!

14. MBK

LMAO! Older and feistier it is.

15. Teresa

Half A Century to be followed by a least another half a century… we hope!

Thank you all again — off to have a birthday soon with my daughter and some friends.

16. Happy 50th Birthday Pamela!!!

WOW! 😯 So you’re the big 50 today huh… Well, then I guess I BETTER TYPE A LITTLE LARGER SO YOU CAN READ IT IN YOUR ADVANCED AGE OLD GAL.

DAMN, 50 YEARS OLD! Boy it must suck being that old. That’s really getting up there ya know.

Hey, now that I think of it, that’s only a couple years younger than I am! Uh…yeah…uh…well…uh..never mind about you being old…

So have a great birthday and party hearty, Pamela! But don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. Which means you basically have no restraints at all. 😉 Oh and by the way, if you get yourself arrested tonight just tell Juliet to put up a quick post on the Dem Daily and we’ll get bail money up for her to spring you in no time. 😉

17. Happy Birthday to you too Dotti!!!

Have a great birthday Dotti and you go and party hearty too! 🙂

18. Connie says:

Happy birthday, Pamela and Dotti! Guess you’ll be celebrating double with the election victory coming so close to your big day. Go have fun, you’ve certainly earned it!!!

19. Indie Liberal says:

Happy Birthday Pamela and Dotti! 🙂

20. blue says:

Best wishes to Pamela and Dotti for a terrific birthday and a wonderful year ahead!

21. cadmium says:

Happy Birthday! Fifty is Great. When I turned Fifty I decided that I was not going to do anything that I didnt want to do anymore. Maybe you knew this a long time ago — It took turning 50 for me to have this epiphany.

Have Fun — Do what you love doing. And, remember good Ole Newburyport.

Dem Daily is dynamite.

Happy Birthday Pam

22. cadmium says:

Dottie: Happy Birthday

As a rule I am afraid of scorpios– sorry to be belated

It has been a great week

Happy Birthday Dottie

23. YvonneCa says:

I just found this post and HAD to wish you the Happiest Birthday (belatedly) EVER ! No one would ever guess your age, if a ‘little blogging birdie’ hadn’t told us. 🙂 Fifty is wonderful…you’re going to LOVE it…it’s so liberating. 🙂 So many things to celebrate this week…isn’t it great ?

24. Dotti Janiak says:

A belated “Thank you everyone” for the thoughtful birthday wishes. Pamela and I only found out about or mutal November 10th day on the 9th, and we chatted for hours on the phone like we knew it all along. Great fun for two Scorpios.

I really appreciated all your friendly wishes. Dem Daily people are the best.