I have made comments on several blogs about what I saw as a possible plan for the troops that would be needed for a “surge” when Da King finally got his deciding done. I mentioned the Inactive Reserve as a means for them to do it without having to use a draft. At least for a while, considering that this could only last for a short period of time. These are people that have been in and are now out. They have served, and can be called back because of time that is agreed upon when you sign on the line. For enlisted, you have a 8 year obligation. If you enlist for 4 years, you still have 4 years of inactive reserve, in which you can be called back. Now I come across this artical that just glares out at me. This really tells a story of how inept this war is being waged, and the inept leadership of this country. You not only need to apologize to those Vets, but to this nation that you have tried to destroy! You speak of sacrifice? How about letting the dead and wounded that know of sacrifice, and their families, have a little respect!!!!! Goerge W. Bush, you sir are a monster! Likewise, each of your enablers are with the same blood on their hands. May GOD have mercy on your souls!!!!!
The Army said Friday it would apologize to the families of about 275 officers killed or wounded in action who were mistakenly sent letters urging them to return to active duty.
The letters were sent a few days after Christmas to more than 5,100 Army officers who had recently left the service. Included were letters to about 75 officers killed in action and about 200 wounded in action.
The Army did not say how or when the mistake was discovered. It said the database normally used for such correspondence with former officers had been “thoroughly reviewed” to remove the names of wounded or dead soldiers.
This insanity has to stop! Bring them home now!
Related: Pamela writes about that surge.