Is the Media deliberately attacking Democratic candidates and praising Republicans? The Daily Howler says yes.
I am not getting into that mess, but what I do find incredibly interesting is that one can already see a narrative being developed in the media:
– Giuliani: pro-choice candidate, strong on defense, hero, might be impossible to win the nomination
– Romney: pretty boy and flip-flopper (and from that strange faith!)
– John McCain: decent, good guy, his own worst enemy though
– Hillary Clinton: inevitable, intelligent, calculating, vicious, overly ambitious
– John Edwards: pretty boy and hypocrite
– Barack Obama: new voice, the revelation of this season, might not be able to challenge Hillary despite all of that
I find it fascinating to see that the media spend a lot of time building images, but do not spend an equal amount of time discussing policies / plans / issues.