Louisiana Republican Senator, David Vitter, is being reported to have his number in the book of the DC Madame. FOX-8, a local channel, is reporting on it now. I have not found a link for the AP report yet, but I will update as I find more info. Vitter, is the Southern Regional Leader for the Rudy Gouliani campaign. He’s a real family values kinda guy! From his own site:
As a strong believer in the dignity and sanctity of all human life, I stand with many other Louisianans in defense of those who cannot defend themselves. Together, we work daily to turn the tide toward respecting, protecting, and dignifying innocent human life.
To this end, I have supported all pro-life measures before Congress, including:
* Supporting an immediate ban on partial birth abortions.
* Expanding tax credits and other support for adoption.
* Authoring legislation that would absolutely prohibit taxpayer funding to private providers of abortion services.
* Supporting a full ban on human cloning.
* Authoring legislation to codify safety measures designed to protect the health of women who use RU-486, responding to the misguided and politicized approval of the drug.
* Participating in National Adoption Awareness Month.
* Supporting legislation requiring that pregnant mothers be provided information on their unborn child’s ability to experience pain 20 weeks after fertilization.
* Supporting legislation prohibiting the transportation of a minor across state lines for the purpose of obtaining an abortion.
Oh my! But it gets better! How about a little of that abstinence drum beating?
June 25, 2007 –
(Washington, D.C.) – U.S. Sen. David Vitter last week authored a letter to the chairman and ranking member of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee expressing support for reauthorization of the Title V Abstinence Education Program of the Social Security Act. Twelve senators joined Vitter in writing in support of the program.
“This a valuable program with proven results, but it is nearing its expiration. We must reauthorize this program so we can continue the incredible strides we have made in teaching teens about both risk avoidance and protecting themselves from potential abuse,” Vitter said.
Can’t wait to hear more on this typical wingnut and his hypocritical BS! I’m sure GOD has forgiven him, so that will make it all okay. I’m sure Rudy will love this!
Cross Posted from The Katrinacrat Blog
UPDATE 5: Oyster @ Your Right Hand Thief chimes in. This is the one I was waiting on! Oyster is one of the elite bloggers in Louisiana. Not the first time that Vitter was accused of hanging with the hookers!