Wrong Is Right

I have been speaking of the prestidigitation of facts and the topsy-turvydom of wrong and right. (The blog in question was one of the big players in the recent Beauchamp hoo-haw.)

From The Riehl World (in nearly riehl time):

Censorship Idiocy Alert

The Left is up in arms as apparently ATT blocked a few lines from a Pearl Jam broadcast that were anti-Bush – not that I’m thrilled ATT apparently felt the need to do that:

A bit of heavy-handed censorship of a Pearl Jam concert by AT&T this weekend led the band to fire off an open letter to fansโ€”a letter in which Pearl Jam railed against media and ISP consolidation and called for readers to support network neutrality.

Pearl Jam’s performance of their big 90’s hit “Daughter” morphed into the melody from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall,” and Eddie Vedder served up a pair of anti-Bush lyrics to the tune. “George Bush, leave this world alone,” he sang. “George Bush, find yourself another home.”

BUT: First, it isn’t censorship, which is ultimately a term that should be confined to governmental interference into otherwise free speech. ATT is not so much a “controlling body” in this regard, it is a partner in delivering content. And it opted to not deliver that particular content. Well, why, one might ask? Were they signing on to a political event from the jump? I doubt it….

There. You see? It wasn’t censorship. Silly you.

Now you see it. Now you

Courage.

14 Responses to Wrong Is Right

1. NotanotherClinton says:

I just threw away my Pearl Jam CDs.

2. NotanotherClinton says:

I just threw away my Pearl Jam CDs.

3. NotAnotherClinton

Good for you. While you are it, send ATT a thank you note and then find some where else to troll.

4. NotAnotherClinton

5. Bill Eagle says:

I too wish that George Bush would find another home. My only fear is that our country will be in shambles, and the Chinease will call in their debt markers and totally destroy what meager savings we have.

When it comes time for me to vote, I will vote for anyone who is not a Republican. I will vote for a yellow dog if that dog is a Democrat. Even a dog would do a better job of running our country then this present crowd of crooks.

6. Bill Eagle says:

7. Bill

I’m with you. I have never voted for a Republican and don’t think I could ever.

I’m realy surprised at this little cnsoring job – they didn’t even curse in the lines, it seems.

8. Bill

I’m with you. I have never voted for a Republican and don’t think I could ever.

9. Darrell Prows says:

While not totally on point, my analysis says that the Chinese government depends on the health of the U.S. economy more than you and I do. They’re people have gotten enough taste of the good life that there will be 1.3 billion angry SOB’s if the gravy train even has a hiccup. One thing about human evolution is that none of us are given the option of going backward (not even those philosophical brethern of notanotherclinton).

Mr. Williams replies: In a related story, they WOULD have a timetable for withdrawal, but the clock they were using was so old that the shadow of the pendulum wore a hole in the back plate, causing it to fall off the wall. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Darrell Prows says:

11. Pingback: Sadists On Parade « his vorpal sword

12. Pingback: Sadists On Parade « his vorpal sword

13. Pingback: Democratic Convention Party Political Local Advertising Presidential Campaigns » Blog Archive » Sadists On Parade

14. Pingback: Democratic Convention Party Political Local Advertising Presidential Campaigns » Blog Archive » Sadists On Parade