Fool me 8,239 times and Shame on WHO?

My comment on Political Animal, the Washington Monthly’s blog, by the incomparable Kevin Drum. My comment on his posting today, “Changing The Subject” which is, itself, his comment on Matthew Yglesias’ (creepy and wrongheaded) Atlantic Monthly blog posting on the MoveOn flap that continues into its second (and soon its THIRD) week (and yes, I’m “quoting” myself, but more for solid typographic reasons than anything else. Now hush up and read):

Each and every fucking day, the rightie blogosmear and their hate radio doppelgangers spew a constant commentary that puts the “General Betrayus” ad to shame. They call Hillary a “communist” (that’s the nicest thing they say), Al Gore the “Goracle,” smear Kerry, smear Edwards, smear …. well, you get the point.

Rush’s long “Magic Negro” riff on Obama comes to mind. As does “Obama Osama.” How is that materially different from “General Betrayus”? And where the HELL were/are your howls as that slur has been propagated throughout the media?

And you ASSHOLES wrinkle your little noses and sniff delicately that the “MoveOn ad was dumb”?

I don’t know where you get your sense of fair play and proportionality, but, were I you, I would seriously consider entering drug and/or alcohol rehabilitation for a long, LONG time. How many times can the Republican Hate Machine con you?

How feeble-minded do you have to be to keep falling for the same old carney cons over and over and over and over and over …

You get the point.

Oh wait, you DON’T …

Which is MY point.

Courage.

12 Responses to Fool me 8,239 times and Shame on WHO?

1. scott agtely says:

Blues song…”Dance like your saving the whales you Hippies” ” makes AU charts and runs on dicussion groups Tripple MMM, Herald, etc.Hot controversy over anti hoolywood lyrics buts till rises on charts!

2. scott agtely says:

3. fletch says:

Rush’s long “Magic Negro” riff on Obama comes to mind.

“Concept First Conceived” by… a “nutroot” named David Ehrenstein.

As does “Obama Osama.”

Which even your own “Media Matters” link admits was originated as a “direct quote” from Teddy “Oldsmobiles don’t float?” Kennedy…

(BTW, you completely forgot to mention the whole Barack Hussein Obama “whinefest”!)

4. fletch says:

Rush’s long “Magic Negro” riff on Obama comes to mind.

“Concept First Conceived” by… a “nutroot” named David Ehrenstein.

As does “Obama Osama.”

5. Well, “fletch” (if that IS your real name), it always amazes me how quickly Rightie trolls are to call someone stupid, when they’ve been too stoooopid to check the links provided.

I am perfectly aware that David Ehrenstein wrote the original editorial in the LA TIMES that Rush quoted … and quoted … and quoted and made a little song about … and quoted.

(Beginning to notice a pattern there?)

Rush gave himself license to repeat “magic negro” about 100 times, and brayed that “you just watch, the LIBERULZ will try to pin it on me that I said ‘magic negro’ magic negro magic negro …. ” giggling to himself how ‘clever’ he was.

Which is why I so love to let Righties like you fall into the trap that HE baited. (Sort of poetic justice, actually.)

I have the .mp3, dude, and it sounds better in the Original German.

But thanks for “refuting” my point that Righties smear as casually as most people breathe.

I’m sure with your brilliant debate skills, you’ll go far.

6. Well, “fletch” (if that IS your real name), it always amazes me how quickly Rightie trolls are to call someone stupid, when they’ve been too stoooopid to check the links provided.

(Beginning to notice a pattern there?)

I have the .mp3, dude, and it sounds better in the Original German.

I’m sure with your brilliant debate skills, you’ll go far.

7. ironxl84 says:

I saw the reaction of Bush to the moveon.org NY Times full page ad which has now attained an infamous status (General Petraeus or General Betray Us).

What stuck in my craw was the use of the word “disgusting” by Bush.

What planet does this nitwit live on?

My only criticism of the moveon ad was that I considered the way it was presented as somewhat juvenile with the play on the Generals name.

Otherwise, the purpose of the ad was a good one IMO.

But lets talk about “disgusting”.

What is disgusting is the death of thousands and the maiming of tens of thousands – as a direct result of the arbitrary occupation of Iraq, which was initiated on trumped-up intelligence.

All those terrible casualties are laid right at your feet Mr Bush. Your hands are bloodied. Look in a mirror you jackass!

And choose your words a little more carefully next time – for you have no right to use the term “disgusting”.

Tom

8. ironxl84 says:

What stuck in my craw was the use of the word “disgusting” by Bush.

What planet does this nitwit live on?

Otherwise, the purpose of the ad was a good one IMO.

But lets talk about “disgusting”.

Tom

9. Darrell Prows says:

Tom: You did catch a small piece of the disgusting performance of BUSHCO. You are to be commended for your brevity and restraint.

Oh wait! Lack of “brevity and restraint”. I think I’m finally starting to get it. Thanks Hart.

10. Darrell Prows says:

11. Q says:

This is a letter warning you about a company you don’t want to do business with. I pray you, the recipient of this letter will pass it on to any and all corporate executives, not only your executives and management, but of any and all companies as well as individuals you encounter. This letter concerns a company called Securitas Services USA.
    In my opinion:
    Securitas, a security services provider, and many of their employees at all levels are involved in serious corruption. They are collecting social security numbers and are using the lists to help identify and locate individuals who they have identified as “left wing liberals”. It is their belief that these individuals need to be discovered and not allowed to participate in activities such as working. They hire mostly people that are friends and family, or other known “right wing” affiliated individuals known by their current employees. Those people they hire, to just fill positions, are carefully scrutinized to identify their political affiliation by the other employees of the site in which they work. When they discover one is “left wing” or democrat, they go about the process of manufacturing issues for the purpose of producing a termination. They also identify those that may have an alternate sexual orientation and put them through a similar process. It is their belief that by eliminating and destroying these individuals lives, those people wont have the funds to contribute to their political party’s campaigns, thereby effectively guaranteeing nominations for their party’s candidates.
    Sounds a little far fetched, I know, sad but true. They aren’t the only organization involved in such widespread nefarious activities either. Since the recent serious corruptions have been exposed within the Republican Party, there has been a huge movement in the community to follow suit with their party’s illegal activities. I can only attest to what is happening at Securitas, because I work their. But I know of others involved with it in other major corporations.

Beware, God Bless