It’s only Tuesday, but this week seems to be dragging on and on.
You see, I have big plans, this weekend. A big date, if you will. What’s that you say, “But, Dizzy, you’re a married woman (gasp)! What will SSG Dizzy think?”
It’s alright, really. I already got my husband’s approval for my big date with Johnny Depp. Sure, Borat will be there and even Professor Snape. But, I have been planning this date for almost a year and nothing but very bad weather will keep me from my endeavor. Only a movie screen will come between me and my love for Johnny. I’ve seen the stage version of “Sweeney Todd”, now I can’t wait to see Depp, all dark and melodramatic in the big screen version of the Stephen Sondheim musical.
I suppose I will have to commence with the Ten Post Round-Up whilst I wait for the weekend to arrive. Today’s format will be True or False with a strong snark modifier. Let’s sink our teeth in, why don’t we?
3) Senator Dodd forced Senator Reid to table the FISA bill.
a) Hell, Yeah!
b) What’chu talkin’ ’bout, Dizzy?
4) “Colossal clusterf@&%s ” are the legacy of the Bush administration.
a) That’s news?
b) Dizzy owes Bushliburton an apology…NOT!
5) There is way too much deja vu going on in the Bush administration, especially when it comes to actual and potential criminal activity.
a) Umm…hello? Tell me something I don’t know!
b) You so crazy!
6) The White House totally plans to let the FISA bill pass without immunity for telecoms.
a) But, of course!
7) Wingnuts are falling all over themselves because Hillary Clinton looks like a 60-year old woman.
a) Wait! She IS a 60-year old woman!
b) Wait! Hillary is a woman?
8.) Ann Coulter’s latest book is so hot, nobody wants to touch it.
a) %$#@ing liberals!
b) Show a conservative sistah some love, yo!
9) Two inmates escaped from jail by imitating the tale of Huckleberry Finn.
a) Don’t knock it, it’s a classic!
b) Close, but no cigar! (They appear to have taken a page from Stephen King’s novella “Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption“)
Ouch! I think I put a little more snark into the Round-up than I originally intended, but I’m sure you can handle a little snark with your morning cuppa.
If you can’t handle the snark, come back tomorrow and I’m sure you will find a kindler, gentler Round-Up (or not *wink*).
Make it a great day!
(Originally posted: Dizzy Dayz)
1) Lawmakers to investigate Iraq contract worker’s rape claim
2) Saudi king pardons woman who was gang raped
3) Chris Dodd Does It. Reid pulls Telecom Immunity bill off the table
5) Our Freedom, Our Information
6) White House Repeats Veto Threat On Domestic Spying Bill
7) Breaking News: A 60-Year-Old Woman Has the UNMITIGATED TEMERITY to Look 60 Years Old
8.) Coulter’s Book Flops
9) Pinups of bikini-clad women hid jailbreak route, officials say
10) Dirty Elf Shuts Down Canada’s “Write to Santa” Program