The Media and Hillary Clinton

Does Hillary Clinton get a fair shake from the media? I think we all know the answer to that question is: NO. Check out this compilation of some of the media’s most shameful and sexist moments regarding Hillary Clinton:

H/T to Jeralyn at Talk Left who says: “For Hillary supporters watching this, you know what to do.”

UPDATE: Read Kate Harding on Shakesville and see for a prime example of what Hillary gets from our own in the progressive blogosphere see Melissa’s post on Shakes: “Hillary Sexism Watch: Castrating Bitch Edition“.

12 Responses to The Media and Hillary Clinton

1. As an Obama supporter, I too was disgusted by these, blatant, chauvinistic attacks on Hillary. As I have frequently said on this blog, we as Democrats are very fortunate to have two candidates of this fine caliber. I view Hillary as a sincere, intelligent, and well qualified candidate. If she is our nominee, I would do all in my power to assure her election.
    Character assassination of this type is shameful. This is the very same sort of garbage the republicans used to wage their hurtful “swift boat” campaign against Sen. John Kerry. When seen with tears in his eyes while campaigning in Maine, past presidential Senator Muskie was portrayed as being a sissy. Now Hillary is put down for showing emotion by having a tear roll down her face. So, I guess we are looking for a candidate, either male or female, who has a cold heart and who in publically unable to show emotion!
    I really think that the showing of this heartless video would be a real campaign boost for Senator Clinton. Remember most Americans are generally for the undercog. Most people would find this type of gutter politics being used against a current senator and former first lady totally disgusting! Look at me, I’m an Obama supporter and I’m now actually praising her! I do hope she has the courage to stay in the race as long as possible. By the way, Pamela, I think the positive sounding campagn song/video at the end is just great! Buzz

2. tessablue says:

This video should be widely distributed to reveal the appalling tactics that have been used in the media to characterize Hillary Clinton.

I knew that sexism was still highly prevalent today, but this material is glaringly misogynistic. Everyone who has a female in their lives whom they claim to love (wife, sister, mother, etc.) should be offended by these attacks.

3. Kendall Johnson says:

Thank you for showing this video. Tears rolled down my face while I watched this disgusting display of misogyny towards Senataor Clinton. It is painful to be reminded of how much women and girls are still hated and marginalized here in america. Make no mistate, this hate is directed towards all women and girls. Senator Clinton is the one on the front line fighting for all of us, but the message that this hate extends to all of us is abundantly clear.

I have been quite vocal about the growing number of male democratic leaders within our party who have been banging this sexist drum in an affort to destroy Senator Clinton’s candidacy. I have named names including, Kerry, Kennedy and Richardson, as well as others who continue to marginalize women and girls, while claiming that they have our best interests at heart. These same people look to us to vote for them time after time, claiming that as democrats they are the ones looking out for our best intersts. They continue to keep the few rights we have hanging by a thread and insist that we need to vote for them in order to protect those few rights we have. Roe v. Wade has become their ace in the hole for keeping us loyal to the party. Meantime, they have done almost nothing to advance our cause.

We still earn considerably less, we are not fairly represented in the halls of power and we continue to be discriminated against in every venue. The treatment of Senator Clinton speaks volumes about the prevelance of misogyny in this country and envolkes extreme anger at those men who claim to be our allies, but at their earliest convinence stab us in the back!!!!!

Now the first viable woman candidate who claims she will advance our rights and has plans to do so, is fercely being attacked by these same men. They insist that for the good of the party, she should step down to clear the way for another man who offers us nothing more than maintaining the status quo.

4. Janis says:

I clicked on it and stopped it about three seconds in. I can’t watch that. I lived it for long enough, I’m not watching it jsut to rub my face in the shit of other people’s hatred and then get f**ked out of the nomination anyway.

And we act so f**king high and mighty about other countries and their track record on treating “their” women. GMAFB.

5. Kendall Johnson says:

I like you! You have the fight in you we need. I know that thy will screw her out of the monation, but I’m done with the Democratic party. They can kiss my ass. For all there lofty B.S. they are no better than the Republicans!!!I’m going to a anti-media demonstration here in N.Y. on Friday. I’m going to scream my head off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Janis

You should watch the whole thing because it gets better. The end is good.

Also, do me a favor and try to tone down the language with polite editing of the F word, etc.

7. jan, nc says:

One possible way of getting the media’s attention about people not being pleased with their sexist comments might be to get an organized protest going to the advertisers of msnbc and other networks. Similar to Sharpton’s and co. procedures used to get Imus fired by the network. Just an idea.

8. Janis says:

Will do. But I can’t promise I’ll watch that thing. Not unless I can go find ond of my old physics professors at UCI who tried to excuse sexism in physics by telling me about how male gerbils will **** every female gerbil they can find, so there — and put him on tape and make everyone watch THAT.

Or the rank “NAME ONE! NAME ONE!!! HAAAA AHAHHA!!” I was treated to when I tried (once, I learned) to have a conversation with the other grad students about women scientists.

Or the way potential advisors would always just sort of look poleaxed and nervous when I walked into their offices because OH MY GOD IT’S THE GIRL IT’S TALKING WHAT DO I DO NOW?!

Or the classic zillions of times when I’d make a correct observation, get stared at like I’d just farted, and then five seconds later one of the male students would repeat me word for word and be hailed as a conquering hero.

Sorry. It’s just … I’ve seen it. I’ve lived it. I don’t want to see it anymore, not for any payoff.

9. Kendall Johnson says:

10. Pamela: I’m not sure what got moderated but it looked like it might be at least as valuable as the thoughts of Reverend Wright.

For what it’s worth.

11. Darrell

Something like that. 😉

12. GeekLove08 says:

Thank you for taking the time to create a blog post on the video “Mad as Hell/Bitch”.

The video was created by two grassroots supporters who met online, IndyRobin and GeekLove08. It took 4 weeks to create the video as we were collaborating via e-mail and we had a lot of material to work with. Both of us are fairly new to YouTube– I started to create videos in February and this was IndyRobin’s first video.

We believe that the message of misogyny, as well as the character assassination of Hillary Clinton, by the media is an important one. We are “mad as hell” that television has become what Edward R. Murrow had warned about in 1958 when he said “This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box.”

Thanks to people like you, the video has gone “viral” spreading through the internet, and perhaps inspiring people to speak out against the media.

If you and/or your readers have the opportunity, we would appreciate it very much if you could go to the original video post on YouTube and RATE the video, post a COMMENT on the video, and FAVORITE the video. These actions will help the video earn YouTube “honors” which may help further promote the video online. (You can get to the YouTube site for the video by double clicking the video on your blog.)

Thanks again for your post.

(P.S. The video is NOT an anti-Obama video, but rather a video against the media bias. However, for those who do support Hillary Clinton, a donation to her campaign, for those who can afford it, would be great. There is a donation link on YouTube. The donation link appears when you click “More info” that appears next to the video information “Added: April 06, 2008”. Thanks. I will also try to post a link here too — Donate)