Clinton and Obama Debate Tonight

In a crucial moment in the campaign Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama with have their first debate in weeks tonight at 8PM EDT on ABC. This is a important debate for HRC coming just prior to the Pennsylvania Primary.

Let’s watch and see what happens. HRC has everything to gain tonight and nothing to lose.

10 Responses to Clinton and Obama Debate Tonight

1. Just checking in quickly… I’ll be missing the debate tonight, so hopefully you’ll be able to keep us posted!

2. Gilbert Martinez says:

I’ve come to realize that it doesn’t matter what goes on in the debate. Obama will be declared the winner by the pundits and the Blogger Boiz.

3. I just read something that said the audience declared the moderators to be losers this time.

Very refreshing, but certainly a long time coming.

4. Peace Out For Unity says:

Salute and saw the commander and cheif in a seious way in that debate! Direct,honest and straight up on the table not to humorous and normally she is. She cracked a bullwhip and was tough as nails! We need to play that debate and if you hear Obama won that one, go look for bigfoot ! Like a donkey kicks a lion to a tree and she did ! We need see that again ! Go Clinton! Obama ? I don’t know,he caught it left and right and looked frustrated and puzzled . Not as experienced and it showed !

5. Janis says:

Honestly, she flattened him like a boiled egg.

6. Peace Out For Unity says:

Clinton stays true to her stands and on course! Don’t see that rigid as the moderators infer but direct and clear! The questions were excellent and Clinton’s specific clarity to resolve any doubt about direction was definite in response.

7. Janis says:

It still just bothers me that he seemed so taken aback by questions that so many of us were waiting to be asked for months.

At this point, I’m blaming not just him but also his handlers and the people who clearly handpicked him as their Heir Apparent. This man is a freshman Senator — haven’t his handlers been trying to prep him, take him under their wings, like always has to be done with noobs in the Senate? Even McCain has talked about the debt he owes the people who took him in and showed him the ropes when he was a noob. Has no one done this for Obama? He reminds me of the golden-boy quarterback of the football team in high school who was given As by all his teachers even when he could barely read — they didn’t do him any favors.

I’m convinced his handlers have been filling his head with garbage about how he doesn’t have to worry about that stuff since 2005, and he bought into it. He has been prepped and mentored horrifically badly. He started out as one of the most potentially promising newcomers to the political scene that anyone can recall, and he was propped up, coddled, and pushed ahead too fast. The whole thing is a disgrace. I can’t see how anyone could vote for him after that performance.

I know I’m spending a lot of time in this comment ripping on him, but damn it. Not only was his performance shoddy, but it hints at an almost inconceivable level of incompetance on the part ofh is handlers, people who are supposed to be the Dem party stalwarts and elder statesmen. Not only does he look bad now, but Kennedy, Kerry, Dodd, Leahy, Carter, Dean, Casey … WTF were these fools thinking?! No wonder the Dems have been so toothless for the last decades or more, Clinton excepted! These kleenex-brained idiots have been the party’s Grand Old Men!

8. atdleft says:

Janis-

Agreed. Last night WAS a total disaster for Obama and his handlers. It just proved to me what I’ve always been suspecting, which is that since Obamaland can’t even handle a level playing field (I know the Big Orange Blog Boyz think otherwise, but ABC was fair to BOTH candidates by hammering them both) & friendly fire from other Democrats, then how the heck will Obama be able to handle a hostile media and a scorched earth campaign from the Rethuglicans?

And btw, have you all seen this?

If Gov. Rendell’s happy with Hill’s debate performance, then so am I.

9. Pingback: The Democratic Daily