She’s The Boss?

For all the complaints from some progressives about having Bill Clinton back in the White House as the First Spouse, I find this little tidbit interesting:

Close-in supporters¬†of Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential campaign are convinced he never will offer the vice presidential nomination to Sen. Hillary Clinton for one overriding reason: Michelle Obama.

The Democratic front-runner’s wife did not comment on other rival candidates for the party’s nomination, but she has been sniping at Clinton since last summer. According to Obama sources, those public utterances do not reveal the extent of her hostility.

Sure it’s just a rumor, but plausible it seems. Michelle Obama strikes me as a strong willed woman, not unlike myself and Hillary Clinton who will fight to get what she wants. That’s fine and dandy… but not when it comes to choosing our next Vice President. It’s just that she’s a little jaded you know… and that’s not a good reason to not choose Clinton as VP. Personally, I see Hillary more prone offering the VP slot to Obama than the other way around. And the buzz from the Obama camp, rumor or not, sure seems to be heading that way — no VP slot for HRC.

If there is any credence to the rumor, it sure would make it even more apparent that Barack Obama is not interested in Unity.

12 Responses to She’s The Boss?

1. Hilary says:

I’ve always sensed a great amount of hostility emanating from Michelle Obama. It started when someone asked if she would work for Hillary if she were the nominee and I couldn’t believe her words: “I’d have to think about that….” WOW! I was completely turned off right then and there! When John Edwards and HRC were asked if they’d get behind the nominee — regardless of who it was, their immediate answer was “Get behind the nominee!!”

I’ve always felt Barack Obama was in this for himself………… a selfish thing. Not any sense of “for the good of the party” even from the beginning. 143 days in the Senate!! Talk about hubris!

2. Slave Revolt says:

Get real!

With Hillary taking the low-road to bring Obama down you think that she should be considered for VP!

She is so lustful and mercenary for power, if I were Obama I would be fearful that she would have me assasinated.

Yes, my assesment of her nature and instincts reflects her and Bill’s track record.

Bombing Yugoslavia, the Iraq sanctions that murdered tens of thousands of children and old people, etc.

No, Hillary will be put out to pasture, and she will have a lot of work to do to heal the wounds she has irritated in the African American community.

3. Kendall A. Johnson says:

Obama is not who people think he is!!!! I’ve always thought that he was a fraud. Its not going to matter anyway because John McCain will beat BHO. He can’t and will not carry the swing states that we need to win. Furthermore, he will not be able to flip enough of the smaller states that he claims he can put into play to win the white house. He would have to win several states that democrats haven’t won in memorable history.

The democratic leadership is to weak to rise above their own interests and preferences to do the right thing for the party and the country by revoting Florida and Michigan. Now our party too is guilty of the very crimes commited against us in 2000. The screwed up part is that in both cases it was democratic voters who were disenfranchesed. What’s even more egregious is that in the current situation it is the DNC who are disenfranchizing their own voters, while using the lame excuse that state legislatures changed primary dates, thereby braking party rules. Unbelievable!!!!! Like the voters had any chioce in that matter. I think the dems are loosen’ it!!!!! Our own party leaders have clearly rigged this democratic primary election. Frankly its scary.

Many of the party leaders have participated in the corporate media manipulation of the electorate, like pouring gas on a fire. They have used this election as a way to secure political power with in their divided factions, rather than focusing on winning the presidancy. Instead, they have aided in dividing the party and helping republicans secure the white house.

4. JP says:

I think there are serious issues to consider should Obama become the nominee and offer HIllary the VP spot–mainly how/where does Bill fit in as #3 and how would that affect/overshadow the president/VP relationship. But having 2 strong women in positions of power together obviously should not be a negative consideration…more of a celebration i would say. So if this report is accurate about Michelle, then it’s a problem and a concern to me.

But this article was written by Novak, so i have to question his motives and ultimately his sources for this information (which he didn’t state). Either way, I think we probably all agree Michelle needs to do a better job of thinking before she speaks.

5. Slave Revolt

Your comment is divisive, ludicrous and “revolting”.

1) Hillary Clinton spent a full six years in the Senate before running for president. Barack Obama spent 2 years in the Senate — Who is “lustful and mercenary for power?” From where I sit, Obama is the power grabber.

2) Your “assassination” insinuation is a disgusting insult towards our former First Lady and a seated Senator.

3) Yugoslavia? What on Earth does that have to do with her?

4) Sorry, but she did not single handedly approve Iraq and has been working to end it.

I’m sorry for you that you hold such hatred and bitterness.

6. Peace Out For Unity says:

How many times does Hillary Clinton have to clarify ? She’s in it to win and the news is confused ! In it to win ! Get Clinton on CNN and set them all straight ! The news media has written her off and this has been bias for months and months to the point of absurd for those following closely this campaign race. In it to win ! Clinton under siege ? CHARGE ! That’s the end game and the result is a president that’s ready day one! Knight takes rook CNN and let’s get objective for Sunday viewers in our reporting ! In it to win and don’t let the news confuse ! Have we counted FL. and MI. yet ? Do these strategy people have a personal interest in Obama and can we qualify that to be fair as they all bash ever so intelligently in communications ? Will Obama consider being vice president ? He could gain a little more experience and develop his economic plan without having to copy Clinton concerning.Checkmate !

7. Peace Out For Unity says:

“For the first time in my adult life,I’m proud of my country.” We hopefully will not be needing Hillary Clinton as vice president ! Thank-you for your considerations !

8. Peace Out For Unity says:

Slave Revolt ? Hillary Clinton taking the low road ? The road is Penn. Ave. “We hold these truths that all men are created equal..” See you at the White House Clinton !

9. Peace Out For Unity says:

Slave Revolt,I don’t see Hillary Clinton taking any road but Penn. Ave. in DC and being one of the best presidents we’ve ever had in America ! “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal….”

10. Jessica says:

I think all of this speculation about Michelle Obama’s role is interesting since much of Hillary’s 30 year resume is as a very involved first lady. I agree it should not be Michelle Obama’s decision and I doubt that it will be. But to imply that her opinion shouldn’t or doesn’t matter seems to undermine much of Hillary’s claim of experience.

And unity does not have to be achieved with the “dream ticket.” It will be achieved, ulitimately, by how the rest of this nomination process plays out and how the winner and loser treat one another when it is over.

11. Peace Out For Unity says:

16.6 million to Clinton and 16.7million to Obama with the superdelegates tied ! Will Obama consider being vice president ?” PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS ! “Who’s singing the blues ? Not the Clinton team ! Not to menton,FL. and MI. to be resolved ! We’re tied in this race and West Va.? We may be up 20 points ! Go West Virginia ! She’s gold ! That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a pop-up that said ,should Obama quit? We need to fax the news and what’s going on with their confusion ? Hillary’s going to the White House and that’s exciting for the country ! We refuse to take ownership of the negativity and smears in a tied race ! CNN contributors of your own personal opinions and I’m sure they support Obama but do the good Americans watching know that ? Go Clinton ! Ha,Lou Dobbs is getting after them and way to go ! Count the votes in Fl. and MI.,this is the United States of America and that’s fair !

12. Andy Witmyer says:

I wonder if the situation was reversed – and if it was Obama trailing Hillary right now, but had something to gain from FL and MI – if all of you here arguing so passionately for a FL and MI do-over would in fact be fighting against it? Just a thought.

Hillary’s campaign, in a time when she was still the presumptive frontrunner, did just as Obama’s campaign did and followed the rules issued by the DNC – neither campaigned in either state. Hillary’s campaign even stated that, in so many words, the votes in those states shouldn’t count. Terry McAuliffe bluntly fought for the DNC to restrict the votes in MI and FL – but of course, this was at a time when it wasn’t politically beneficial for him to argue otherwise. He’d also said that the primary would be over in 27 states – but that was when he was more confident in saying so. Now the campaign is all about campaigning in all 50 – something that I highly doubt that they’d early on desired or expected. To me, it’s all very thinly veiled hypocrisy that is rearing its ugly head.

Everyone seems to be shocked that many people are calling for Hillary to drop out – but for some reason, I can’t help but to think that if it was Obama trailing here by the same margin, the calls for his exit would be even stronger. No?