Massive Repudiation

As of now (7:05 PST), Hillary is laying a thumping on Obama in WV: 65-28%.

Since the IN and NC primaries, there has been a coronation of Obama as the Democratic nominee. Obama has planned his acceptance speech/party on May 20th. The media and blogger boiz have essentially ruled Hillary Clinton completely out of the race. Obama, as the “presumed nominee” outspent Hillary in WV and had more staff than she did. The Obama super delegates have ruled Hillary out of the race. But Hillary won. And she won big.

Tonight was a massive repudiation of the MSM, the Obama [blogger] boys, and many of Obama’s Super-Ds trying to push Hillary from the race. The Democratic leadership should pay attention. This has ramifications for November on more than just the presidential election. We don’t want a candidate forced on us and we don’t want our brothers and sisters in FL and MI to be disenfranchised.

My last vote in California is for the June 3rd primary. I am a big fan of my representative, Anna Eshoo, but on the Democratic ballot I have at home, I’m voting “other” instead of Eshoo. Not for her support of Obama, but for her silence on FL and MI and the gross unfairness of this primary. For not sticking up for me when I’m called a racist. For staying silent as a caring, compassionate woman is torn to shreds by the media and Obama’s online supporters. I have no intention of voting GOP in the fall. But if I am voting against Eshoo in a primary (after supporting her with time and money in the past), then I imagine there are others who are deeply disappointed in the Democratic Party. Democratic leaders should pay attention to today’s massive repudiation of those trying to force Hillary out.

13 Responses to Massive Repudiation

1. For what it’s worth: McCain lost West Virginia big.

2. Peace Out For Unity says:

Force Hillary Clinton out ? In it to win it ! Faith moves mountians ! Let’s go delegates and we need experience in charge ! No democrat has won the White House since 1916 without West Virginia. That’s what you call a slam dunk ! Go West Virginia and let’s turn this country around ! Let’s turn our public educational system around and NCLB is not working ! Send in your support in for Hillary Clinton ! Hillary Clinton will beat McCain ! Fighting for the dreams of all Americans ! Go Clinton ! May 31 meeting ? We want to see that and hope CNN will cover it live! We need Clinton in that meeting and Obama as well ! A fair solution for MI. and FL. to be resolved. Also,let’s discuss the racial divide and we all see it evident in this race.This is one nation,under God with liberty and justice for all.67 to 26 and thank-you West Virginia ! Our American dreams will not slip away with Hillary Clinton and please evaluate and compare between their agenda’s. Every American vote counts !

3. Peace Out For Unity says:

CNN is still saying,If she does make an exit ? She’s not,so why make the inference of insulting reference ? Carl Bernstein ? May we qualify who he’s supporting for president ? Anderson didn’t ask and why not ?

4. Marie says:

Massive indeed. Those in the dem party sitting in their ivory towers seem intent on alienating the remaining states yet to vote, but who ever would give credit to the nimcompoops running the party. There is this spin about Clinton is “old politics”, another sexist comment about Hillary. The truth may be closer to the Clinton’s aren’t old money politicians like the Kennedys, Rockefellers. They damn sure helped get a lot of dems including blacks, elected over the years.
    The good ol boys of that elite sect of the back room crowd, just won’t admit they still have problems saluting a woman, so they are singing that tired old song, just be a good girl and go fetch our coffee while we men take it from here. . Too bad Obama will be fetching coffee for the senate losers, Kennedy, Kerry, Durbin when the dust settles.

5. Marie says:

McCain won 76%, about 81,000 votes.
    Darrell must be referring to a different election.

Obama eeked out about 84,000, a bare 26%.

HILLARY WON 216,000 VOTES, 67%.

6. Marie

I believe what Darrell is refering to is the fact that McCain received less votes in W Va that even Obama did. He may have won the Republican vote in the state but he received about 1/3 of the votes that Clinton did in the the state.

7. Pamela,

Darrell may have been referring to the fact that the Republicans also caucused last night, and McCain was whipped by Huckabee.

8. hummingbirdv says:

Gilbert, totally and completely in agreement. Over 47 million people have voted for Hill to date. More yet to come. Make calls everyone. They do make a difference…. like one voter I talked to who cannot afford her medicine and her niece has had her insurance canceled. She was undecided until I explained the difference between Hill’s and BO’s health plans. SCORE, two more for Hill.

Just one example of many….and then there was the lady I talked to last night an hour before the polls closed and she thought she had missed her chance to vote… was working all day. When I told her there was still an hour left she rushed out to vote. SCORE one more for Hill.

It was totally worth the one guy who yelled at me and the hang ups. Each time just kept thinking of all Hill has had to take during this campaign and it kept me going. SHE is an amazing inspiration.

Go Hill Go! Calls everyone… Oregon Oregon Oregon

9. hummingbirdv says:

Oh yeah, it would be really good if we just stop watching the news right now. Take Hill’s lead. Watch her victory speech over and over or Wolfson on a continuous loop in his awesome performance last night on CNN about the math and staying in the race…. we will not consider any math that does not take into account Florida and Michigan.

Right ON!

10. Todd

That’s what I get for not reading all of the news. Too busy…

11. Gilbert Martinez says:

If I were an Obama supporter, I wouldn’t point out discrepancies between primaries and caucuses. There have been three states that have had both primaries and caucuses on the Democratic side: WA, TX, NE. In every case, the primaries which had greater participation have shown dramatically different results. A significant portion of Obama’s pledged delegate lead comes from caucuses which, in 100% of cases on the Dem side have not been reflective of the will of the people.

Hillary supporters have been decrying caucuses for some time and pointing out how even on the GOP side, caucuses are not representative only reinforces that. As someone who volunteered in the NV caucus I can say they are absurd and extremely undemocratic. Thanks for pointing that out again, Darrell.

12. I’m voting Migden instead of Leno for the same reasons, Gilbert. Thanks for the great post.

13. cay says:

I feel the same about my rep in the 16th, Zoe Lofgren.

Hmm, having strange margin problems, so I’ll simply add well said.