A Quick Hello

I know it’s late but I thought I’d take a moment to thank Pamela Leavey for her kind invitation to include my ramblings here on this wonderful site.  I’ve been a fan for ages and am honored that she thought to invite me to post here.  So rather than jump right into things I wanted to say a few things by way of an introduction…

As some of you might already know, I’m an unabashed supporter of Hillary Clinton’s and her amazing run for the White House.  I’m also a working mom with two amazing kids and for me, this election is about them.  I’m in this campaign as a volunteer on a local level and a blogger on the net because of the work Hillary’s done on behalf of special needs kids like my 5 year old son, and for the promise Hillary’s herstoric run for the presidency holds for my 7 year old daughter.

Thanks to Hillary, when my kids wear those “I can be President” buttons it’s the honest truth.  And for that she’s got my ever-lasting  respect and a promise that I’ll try to work as hard as she’s working to make sure she makes it to the Oval Office next January.

I’ll be around for a little while so if you’re logged in please drop a note in the comments and introduce yourself.

Peace.

14 Responses to A Quick Hello

1. Frenchdoc says:

Hi Alegre. I’m new here too. I’m glad you joined. I’ve read your stuff and I think you’ve been extremely courageous these past weeks (or is it months already?).

As you know, I’m very pro-Hillary as well even though election-blogging is not my main topic.

I feel honored that I’ll be blogging in such great company!

2. Gilbert Martinez says:

Welcome, Alegre.

I have to say, I love being in the company of smart, competent women. Its getting harder and harder to find the male equivalent online these days.

Not to downplay the contributions of the male contributors here (who I eagerly read).

3. Alegre says:

When I think of all the smart women who’re working hard to help elect Hillary I’m just blown away. I’m certainly in some mighty fine company and it’s a bit intimidating at times! But if we keep our eyes on the prize and remember that we’re all in this for Hillary it makes it all a lot easier.

The guys are pretty cool too – this is a team effort after all!

4. Frenchdoc says:

Don’t downplay your contributions, Gilbert! And there are lotsa guys at Corrent, the Confluence and elsewhere fighting the good fight!

5. Alegre says:

Hey thanks for the warm welcome FrenchDoc and Gilbert. I’m on the east coast and it’s going on 1 am, so I’ve got to call it a day. Catch you later (soon)!

6. Alegre

Welcome aboard. Happy to have you with us!

7. Peace Out For Unity says:

Beautiful ! Go Mom ! Make it count !

8. Peace Out For Unity says:

Got some law students interested and they’ll be signing up ! Look out for the one from Chicago ! He’s a character and you’ll love him ! He’s riding the fence between Clinton and McCain ! It’s all good and sign in an American involved that cares !

9. Peace Out For Unity says:

Met three retired teachers of thirty years tonight ! They think the NCLB needs serious work or just better yet,”it’s not working .” Thirty years in public education and they all said ,”we knew it was time and we retired.” Double Dip ! We need you ! Vote Clinton !

10. Peace Out For Unity says:

Copy machines have got to be operative in our public schools in America ! Teachers are in the back of pick-up trucks at churches for paper and pencils ? Let’s go and yes we can ! Clinton’s got the agenda to make a difference !

11. Gilbert Martinez says:

FD, yeah, there are plenty of reasonable men around. Its just that the big blog boiz drown us out too often.

12. themomcat says:

Alegre, I have missed reading your diaries. It was you and your positive attitude that convinced me to support my Senator, HRC. I have not been to the orange bubble since before the strike and I have stopped reading MyDD even though I like Armstrong, the some of the diaries there are as bad as the orange bubble. Anyway, I and most of my family have maxed out contributing to her campaign and we are still hoping that the SD’s and the DNC come to their senses. HRC is the best candidate to take back the White House and return this country to a stable economy and Constitutional Law.

13. atdleft says:

Wow! So Alegre will be posting here? Great, I’ll have more reason to keep coming here! 🙂

Thanks, Dem Daily, for bringing Alegre here!

14. I’m the resident luke warm Obama supporter. I will, however, be an enthusiastic supporter of whichever candidate heads the ticket, and will kick it into overdrive if the other one accepts second place. (I would prefer what is called a “Democratic Socialist” in Europe, but we’re not mature enough for that yet.)