For some reason, I woke up this morning and as I traveled the blogosphere, began having visions of Ray Charles sitting down at his grand piano, playing “Georgia On My Mind” as rockets and bombs went off in the background.
I’m sure after perusing today’s Ten Post Round-Up, you may begin having the same visions…
- Truthdig has a primer on the conflict in Georgia, in case you are interested. Ezra Klein informs us that everyone in the region is blaming US and by “US”, I mean, “the you-ess-of-ay”. Putin thinks we are taking sides by airlifting Georgian troops from Iraq back home (meanwhile, Georgians are upset that the US isn’t sending troops when, after all, they “are” helping us in Iraq). Adding insult to injury, oil prices are heading back upwards after almost a month of a trickling downward AND this conflict could catapult us to war with Iran (I’ll bet Cheney is doing the “happy dance” about now!).
- Speaking of Iraq (and Afghanistan), Homefront Six blogs about a new program being implemented by a judge in Buffalo, NY called the Veteran Treatment Court. It’s meant to help divert troubled troops to help when their crimes are non-violent and its counselors are other war veterans, including those who served in Vietnam. It’s nice to see somebody stepping up to the plate and offering our brave men and women the help and support they need.
- Former christian singing sensation and Top 40 hottie, Katy Perry makes me wonder just what “Fundie Kids” are playing on their iPods, these days!
- All you Applebee’s fans can now get a side of lizard with your salad!
- Pelosi admits she hasn’t read the articles of impeachment against Herr Bush put forth by Dennis Kucinich. That’s too bad. Because of that (rather, the fact that she took impeachment off the table), now she has to read articles about her political rival, Cindy Sheehan, until November.
- California home educators can breath a sigh of relief, for the time being.
- The Brilliant cafe reminds me why I will likely never fly, again. I’m also reminded why I will probably stay away from buses, as well.
- Lest you forget, please pay your taxes, so that the state does not have to arrest you for that $10 you stole from them…
- And, in case you missed these: Obama is a technological elitist, Isaac Hayes was a Scientologist, Former “American Idol”, Clay Aikens, is a new daddy, and John Edwards…well, you know…
(originally posted at: Hypocrisy)