You’ve got to give McCain credit. By welcoming Palin into his campaign, he sure livened things up quite a bit in this election (and no, I’m not referring to you-know-what, unless you know what is a bridge or something).
Truth be told, I don’t blame him for his (apparently) monumental screw-up. There was not much more he could do after Obama pretty much drop-kicked McCain during his awesome speech, last week. McCain can only hope that Palin will continue to be a distraction, especially if his big speech does not get the audience and/or the viewership that Obama’s did.
Looks like I got more to dish about Palin in today’s Ten Post Round-Up (after all, forewarned is fore-armed). I heard that Jerry Reed (of Smokey and the Bandit fame) died today. Searching for a song to link to, this one made me think of the Republican party and how we have been treated since GWB got the WH (S/He got the goldmine–I/We got the shaft).
- Get ready to have your access capped or pay more for internet access.
- More Gestapo tactics at the RNC. Welcome to Republican America, indeed!
- As Gustav passes, we still have our hearts and minds on Katrina.
- More things that make you go “Hmmmm…” in regards to Palin-gate.
- The Republicans continue to party-hardy despite McCain’s call for solemnity because of the approaching hurricane.
- McCain’s POW cred makes him unfit to be Prez? He doesn’t think so.
- Fitness may simply be a process of mind over matter.
- Progressives (and probably some Conservatives) have started a Palin Pull-out Pool. Will and when will she make her grand exit? I’ve placed my bet.
- From the annals of “Foods That Should NEVER Be Put Together In One Palate”.
(originally posted at: The Sirens Chronicles)