Unlike some folks, I actually look forward to work to get me away from blogging (as opposed to looking forward to blogging to wind down from work). It’s not the blogging so much as the news. And, when politics are involved, I really need a night or two away from the blogosphere. Truthfully, it’s kind of like crack to me and like any addict, I know that I need to walk away but, sometimes, I just can’t. I know they say that “crack is whack”, but “blogosphere,…I don’t know how to quit you!” I guess I’ll try Pink Russian transference (the withdrawal symptoms will hurt a whole lot less).
Today’s Ten Post Round-Up seems like more of the same ol’ same ol’…but with a side salad and glass of clear spring water (in a glass, not a bottle, of course). I wasn’t feeling any kind of musical vibe, so I thought I would share this YouTube posted by Robert at Left of Centrist.
- Spending taxpayer money on a study to see how much it would cost to replace cracked marble on the tomb of the unknown soldier vs accepting a donation of the necessary marble to fix the tomb. Guess which one the government picked.
- Yay! The government finally says it’s OK to register vets to vote. Boo! There are only a few weeks left to register them in time to vote in this very important presidential election.
- Well, looks like we missed the end of the world, again!
- “Hi. My name is, uh…Dizzy. And, I’m…well, I’m an internet junkie…”
- How many parents (and motorists) would breathe a sigh of relief if this happened?
- Do not try this at home, kids (don’t try it at the laundromat, either).
- Trying to solve an argument between you and a loved one? Get help from a third-party.
- Finally, the Bush administration has its sex scandal. Bonus points for the fact that it involves oil (and I ain’t talkin’ about wrestling).
- A lawnmower that multi-tasks! It’s like the Roomba on steroids!
(originally posted at: The Sirens Chronicles)