Glenn Beck Convenes a Lynch Mob

You want to know what happens when you call the first Black president a “racist” on national bug-f*** crazy teevee?

glenn beck
Glenn Beck, Lynchmaster
“Shhh. Ah hates niggraohs!”

A group gets angry at the latest insane hitler-speak (just substitute “Jew” for “liberal,” or “leftist,” or “communist,” or “socialist” in Rightie Rhetoric these daze and see if it doesn’t sound like Adolph — even old Pat “I defend Hitler” Buchanan would have to agree) and organizes a boycott. 50+ advertisers refuse to advertise on bug-f*** crazee’s teevee show.

But that’s not what happens. THIS is what happens.

Take a look at the ENTIRE blogosphere in an almost exclusively Rightie conniption fit about somebody you’ve probably never heard of! (Hint: He-who-you’ve-never-heard-of founded the group that’s boycotting bug-f*** crazee, but left it to serve in the Administration BEFORE any of this happened.)

Click here and then come back. It loads fast and the file is small.

memeolynch

Red is righties, Blue is lefties (a Greasemonkey plugin)

And, uh SAVE the file. It’s a testamentary document of WHO gets their marching orders straight from Oogie Boogie Central, and when their masters yell “Frog!” they reply “How high?”

Seriously. Not one of these a**holes ever HEARD of Van Jones a week ago.

Suddenly, the lynch mob is out.

I know this because I spent all day seeing this blogswarm, this MEGA blogswarm happening, and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what the hell was happening. Then it hit me.

This is Glenn Beck’s payback. But they made a mistake, and tipped their hand as to JUST how coordinated this gaggle of paid internet goons actually is. It’s a lot worse than ever I feared.

If you think this is a “new” Republithuglican tactic, consider the last writings of White House Deputy Counsel Vince Foster before he committed suicide on July 20 , 1993:

“I was not meant for the job or the spotlight of public life in Washington. Here ruining people is considered sport … The W[all] S[treet] J[ournal] editors lie without consequence.”

Here’s what Van Jones is quoted by the Kansas City Star as saying in a typically sleazy editorial from some Republithug a**hole*

“And Barack Obama is not an asshole,” … “So, now, I will say this: I can be an asshole, and some of us who are not Barack Hussein Obama, are going to have to start getting a little bit uppity”

Van Jones quoted in the Kansas City Star

[* Or, perhaps a typically gutless liberal, wh0’ll cut you loose before s/he even knows what you’ve done wrong. Because Democrats and Republicans share only two salient features in common in my experience: they both fight Democrats all the time and would never make common cause with one. Republicans defend war criminals. Democrats only defend perfect and spotless Democrats, and not even then, generally. ]

Here’s what our Olympian Editorial A**hole has to say:

Summation: Jones won’t and shouldn’t survive in this job. His radical statement detract [sic] from Obama’s hopes of shining a spotlight on the need to create green jobs.

The a**hole’s name is “Yael T. Abouhalkah” and he makes me ashamed to admit that I wrote for the Kansas City Star between 1989 and 1994.

If you think that this happened all by accident, stop reading now: you’re too naive and inexperienced in the Real World to be reading this, and does your mother know you’re using her computer?

This kind of stuff doesn’t happen by accident. Even huge stories don’t get this kind of MEE TOO! MEE TOO! kind of Beatlemania. No: the Beck to Bloggers to willing “Mainstream” media is clear, and we can trace the circuitry of a massive Right Wing conspiracy (which we knew about) to control all media debate through whatever thuggish means.

We just never realized how HUGE it was.

These are the bastards trying to choke the breath out of American debate. These are the perverts gang-raping the Goddess of Liberty. These are the traitors who claim that anyone who doesn’t think like they do isn’t a True American.

As if they’d know.

This is a high tech lynch mob.

Aimed at a Black man.

Who dared to get uppity.

van jones as presented by Faux Nooz™Van Jones, Lynchee.

But they’re not racists. Just ask them.

Courage.

[Note: Mr. Williams invites the inevitable Rightie trolls to post their “devastating” comments on HIS blog, where their “acid”  commentary will be more quickly read and cause him to weep more intensely at their irrefutable “logick.” There, their four-letter invectives will NOT be taken down, where here, they will. Unlike his guttersnipe bloggery, the DD is a respectable blog. Thx.]

UPDATE 10:03 PM PDT:

Van Jones has resigned. End of line.

The Washington Post — formerly a great paper that I’m now ashamed to have written for — has a rather creepy story on the resignation. The commenters (remember, Washington DC is mostly a Black city, but you couldn’t tell it by the comments) are vicious Righties bordering on Jukey Kallikaks, who are even creepier.

MSNBC is reporting the following:

Obama adviser Jones resigns in controversy

Environmental official had signed 9/11 petition, disparaged Republicans

By WILL LESTER
Associated Press Writer*

updated 18 minutes ago//

WASHINGTON – An environmental adviser for President Barack Obama, Van Jones, has resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements, the White House said early Sunday…

Ohmigod!

A Democrat who disparaged Republicans!

What a terrible, terrible thing that is. (Considering that we’re called subhuman 24/7 365 on hate radio).

About Hart Williams

Mr. Williams grew up in Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas and New Mexico. He lived in Hollywood, California for many years. He has been published in The Washington Post, The Kansas City Star, The Santa Fe Sun, The Los Angeles Free Press, Oui Magazine, New West, and many, many more. A published novelist and a filmed screenwriter, Mr. Williams eschews the decadence of Hollywood for the simple, wholesome goodness of the plain, honest people of the land. He enjoys Luis Buñuel documentaries immensely.

14 Responses to Glenn Beck Convenes a Lynch Mob

1. John Burke says:

Forget Glen Beck. Worry about me — and the millions of other moderate Democrats, independents and Republicans whose votes determine who wins elections.

I’m plainly shocked that any White House would place in a policy-making position a man who organized an explicitly “radical Marxist-Leninist” group (not just casually belonged) and just a few years ago, lent his name to the absurd “Truther” nonsence.

Jones should resign or be fired.

2. John Burke:

No: I won’t worry about you, sir. I already WROTE about you above:

“Republicans defend war criminals. Democrats only defend perfect and spotless Democrats, and not even then, generally. “

You probably didn’t see it, because you were in such a hurry to comment that you didn’t actually READ the post.

You are, alas, the living, breathing embodiment of the words of Pastor Martin Niemöller:

“First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.
    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.
    Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.”

ADDENDUM:

While I am loathe to call you a troll, sir, I will note that your website “The Purple Center” contains the following posting most recently:

Friday, September 4, 2009
    President Obama must fire radical leftist “Truther” Van Jones — now!

Containing the following “moderate” language:

This whole business is reminiscent of how some liberals have refused for decades to acknowledge that Paul Robeson was, in fact, a Communist with a capital “C,” even though Robeson made no attempt to hide his CPUSA membership and affection for the USSR. It’s inconvenient to do so, but liberals must stand up

(That IS the “moderate” portion of the post.)

You state:

“I’m sorry. Democrats can’t put crazy radicals in high-level jobs and expect everyone to be pleased. Calling it “racist” to do so is beneath contempt.”

The first sentence is a non-sequitur. (And a slur: “crazy radicals” as reasoned debate?) of the order IF (loony formulation) THEN (strange outcome).

The second is frankly hypocritical as hell, sir. Here are some happy “buzz” words from YOUR post on the subject:

radical Marxist-Leninist
    radical leftists
    leftist cranks
    extremist stance
    vast Bush-CIA-Pentagon-Jewish conspiracy
    radicals in important, policy-making posts
    Obama has no chance — repeat, no chance
    a Communist with a capital “C,”
    liberals
    liberals

Come on. How can anybody think that you are a “moderate Democrat” when you use language like that? At best, sir, you are being disingenuous.

And yes, it is racist. It’s BEEN racist, and I DEFY you to show me how the attacks would be ANY different, or less hateful were they openly racist.

If anyone here is “beneath contempt” (whatever that actually means, other than as a substitute for actual thought), I am not the guilty party. At least my post was reasoned, used evidence and suggested that the readers make up their own mind.

Your post is simply a McCarthyesque (and perhaps crypto-racist) attack on someone for beliefs (Commies! Commies!) which you characterize rather than describe, and characterize in the most loathsome — to you — manner possible, all the while attempting to appear “moderate” and “reasonable.”

Respond as you will “John Burke,” but, really, you’re not fooling anybody, except, perhaps, yourself.

3. gaylib says:

wah. wah. wah. …the righties are using the same tactics a**holes like you did in the primaries last year. you know, accusing Bill Clinton of being a secret racist and Hillary of plotting to assassinate Obama a la RFK? Not to mention astroturfing the entire progressive blogosphere with your noxious lies and propaganda. You reap what you sow. You’re nothing but a whiny hypocrite.

4. Hart Williams says:

gaylib?

Yeah. Right. Sure.

Name calling will SURELY convince everybody that your “two wrongs make a right” formulation is a valid argument, just like your mother was convinced of your innocence when you stole the cash out of her purse and said “But JOHNNIE did it, too!!”

What a “devastating” comment you made there gayl.

5. gaylib says:

you’re talking to ME about name calling??? HA! as for the rest of your response, I’m not sure I get it. Are you saying that you ARE a hypocrite and that I’m being a jerk for calling you out on it (because surely I lied to my mother at some point???)? Dude, I know it’s Saturday night, but you might not want to BWD. I’m not saying two wrongs make a right, I’m saying two wrongs make a whole f**ckload of wrong. And Maybe people like you are partly to blame. Maybe the repubs learned a thing or two from the scorched earth policy you guys employed last year, because you were successful, weren’t you? That’s what it means to “reap what you sow”. Get used to a whole lot more wrong coming from the crazy wingnuts. They learned from the best. Just don’t throw yourself a pity party and then get pissed when someone shoves a mirror in your face.

Mr. Williams replies: I think you’ve let everybody know how “reasonable” you are.

6. proudamerican says:

I applaud you!!!! Glenn Beck is practicing lynching Obama’s black associates so that he can lead the mob against Obama.

It is sickening how Beck can keep his job after calling President Obama a racist, and Buchanon can carry on his long love affair with Nazi Germany from Demjanuk to his latest love letter to Hitler himself, and so many Republican Office Holders can speak of “The Great White Hope” and call Mrs. Obama “an escaped gorilla” while other GOP officeholders like Tennessee State Senator Dianne Black can send out racist e-mails on official stationary showing President Obama as only a pair of “Spook eyes” and so many other racist ACTIONS, and nobody says anything.

But a lunatic, world class hater and McCarthy Wannabee like Beck gets out the rope and all the right wing haters start getting ready to lynch Van Jones. The GOP and the conservative Blogosphere is full of haters and racists.

7. proudamerican says:

by the way

I hate when people claim the GOP is “playing a dangerous game” by encouraging Obama hatred. The fact is this is a racist country.

Most GOP and conservatives have never gotten over the end of slavery and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1965.

And racists in America never face any condemnation for their hatred. They are so impotent and so frightened that they all cower in fear.

8. Thanks PA. What’s so damned sad is that they are the ones screaming “RACIST!” at the top of their lungs. And nobody is laughing at them for the pathetic assertion that it is.

That voice of reason, David Horowitz, chimes in a couple hours ago with these soothing and moderating non-racially charged words of wisdom:

Van Jones: Jew-hating, America-hating racist: Time for his patron Valerie Jarette to go too.
    2009 September 5
    by David Horowitz

tags: powerline, scott johnson, valerie jarette, Van Jones, White House racists and anti-Semites

As I said: they’re not racists. Just ask them.

9. John Burke says:

Hart Williams:

Congrats for getting every possible lame point into your reply to me — including the “racist” slander!

I’m a moderate or centrist Democrat. I approve of much that liberal Democrats approve of. I am prepared to call a fascist a fascist. But unlike so many like you, I am also prepared to call a crazy leftwing radical a crazy leftwing radical. Jones record — not I — brand him as such. Turns out, the man was a major participant in a demo in Oakland on September 13, 2001called to denounce U.S. violence, no less. That makes Jones a radical. Signing onto the “truther” malarky makes him, frankly, crazy.

Such people are normally not dangerous — just annoying — but the overwhelming majority of Americans of every party and persuasion don’t want them in positions of power in the White House.

10. Hart Williams says:

No, John, you’re not. You don’t call fellow Democrats “leftists” and “leftist cranks” or any of the ugly language you use — if you’re a Democrat. In fact, your blog site isn’t “purple” at all. It’s Republican rhetoric in Democrat’s clothing, but your use of insulting language gives you away. You used to be a big “anti-Commie” back in the day, didn’t you?

You CLAIM to be a Democrat, and obviously you don’t like having the floor mopped with your arguments so you reply petulantly and emotionally, and act as though every refutation of your half-baked arguments never happened.

If you think you’re being honest here, or making “cogent points,” you represent a minority of one. Sorry.

11. Tom Degan says:

Not since Joe McCarthy shuffled off this mortal coil in 1957 has anyone made a career by accusing people of being communists. Glenn Beck has resurrected the practice. Not only has he found a cabal of secret communists, he has uncovered an entire communist corporation chock full of commies. The name of this company, you may ask?

THE NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY!

You heard me right, boys and girls. The network that gave us Uncle Miltie and Ma Perkins has apparently been secretly sending subliminal messages endorsing Marxist doctrine since it was formed in 1926. This would make perfect sense to me. Every time I watched the Rockford Files I had an unexplainable desire to read Das Kapital. But seriously, folks. Twenty years after the fall of the Soviet Union, red baiting not only seems silly, it’s also kind of nuts. It’s not-at-all surprising that an organization would give this idiot a forum (after all, he’s on FOX Noise). What’s really stunning is the fact that his ratings are relatively high and that so many Americans take his word as gospel.

All kidding aside, half-witted ideologues are a dime a dozen. What separates Glenn Beck from his peers is the fact that he is doing some serious damage to the country he professes to love so much. For all of the comparisons to the Nazis he likes to make with regard to Liberals, Beck’s program has much in common with Adolf Hitler’s 1923 screed, Mein Kampf. Eighty-six years ago, Hitler attempted to arouse the anger of his fellow Germans by spouting half truths and utter nonsense – exactly what Glenn Beck is doing in 2009. So much of the insane dialogue that has been spewed forth at these Town Hall meetings across the country in recent weeks might have been lifted straight from a transcript of any of Beck’s programs.

Beck and his twisted ilk have done the seemingly impossible. They have deflected the blame for America’s current economic distress toward Barack Obama. An incredible feat when you take into consideration the fact that the President is one of the few people in government today whose guilt in the matter is almost nil. They have also let loose with a vengeance the very worst angels of the American nature. Opening this Pandora’s box was relatively easy. Closing it might prove to be a bit of a problem.

Deep in their hearts
    They do believe
    That they shall undermine someday….

Tom Degan
    Goshen, NY

12. Hart Williams says:

Tom:

Bravo. Well said.

13. Tom Degan says:

Thank you, Hart. Great site you have here. Keep on fighting the good fight!

All the best,