Obama Skewers Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner

President Obama took to the stage last night at White House Correspondents’ Dinner at the Washington Hilton and Donald Trump was his key target as “friends and foes alike got shellacked.”

As “The Donald” who was the guest of the Washington Post, “sat at a nearby table — a guest of the Washington Post — Mr. Obama ripped one punch after another at the real estate tycoon.”

Donald Trump is here tonight,” the comedian in chief said, grinning. “Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate to rest than The Donald. Now he can get to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened at Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?”

It was almost painful to watch, the juxtaposition of the president, flexing his new post-birther comedy chops, and the real estate mogul-cum-politician, grimacing at his table as Mr. Obama basked in his post-long-form-birth-certificate glow.

“All kidding aside, we all know about your credentials and experience,” Mr. Obama said, as people in the room either chortled or grimaced nervously, all depending on their proximity to Mr. Trump.

In “Celebrity Apprentice,” Mr. Obama told Mr. Trump, teeth flashing, “the men’s cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha steaks, but you recognized that this was a lack of leadership, so you fired Gary Busey.”

“These,” Mr. Obama said, “are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well-handled, sir. Well-handled.”

Apparently, President Obama’s swipes at Trump “were just the warm-up act for Seth Meyers, the headliner for the evening, who spent most of his routine going after Mr. Trump” as well. I hope President Obama managed to knock Trump down a few notches, but no matter how “painful” the experience was, this is the stuff that feeds a warped ego like Trump’s.

UPDATE: Trump whines because the jokes were on him… Get over it Donald, you are responsible for making a mockery out of yourself and now you’re too blind to see it.

7 Responses to Obama Skewers Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner

1. Long Ago says:

I would not have given him recognition. It fuels his ego. Ignore it as it deserves until the threat becomes official.

2. Joe The Dentist says:

I really don’t understand why Obama is so blasted on everything he does and Bush Junior was always fully supported….I guess they right when they say majority is way below the normal in IQ testing.

3. Graham Gerken says:

In responce to Jerry Teeple. If you’re Canadian, say so, because by reading your note, it isn’t evident until the second BLOG.I think you’re confused. You keep talking like that was your country, so maybe you should go over there and join the army. As for Obama, he’s one of the most inteligent and articulate Presidents that they’ve had in years, someone to truly look up to. A far cry from the idiot that he replaced, you know the guy that went looking for ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction” and got them into Vietnam #2

4. Mark says:

There are two distinctive differences between The Donald and Mr. Obama. The Donald is arrogant, egotistical, thinks his s*** don’t stink and hasn’t a clue what domestic or foreign politics is all about. I would put Jeff Imelt of GE in office before I would even fathom the thought of The Donald. At least Obama has some diplomacy and tact, and he was unfortunately given a plate full of disastrous screw-ups from the lunatic George W. and his crooked side kicks. It stills baffles me today how on earth George W. got in ( fraudulent Florida tactics) and he did nothing for the American public, other then fill the bank accounts of Wall Street and Big American Business, let alone his own, Cheney’s
    ( Haliburton’s), Rumsfelds and the rest of the crooks. God Bless America is an understatement!!

5. david hill says:

Well done President Obama!! I t just shows that you have the intelligence and the grace to put a self-serving, blowhard, and yes, I believe “racist” joke like Don Trump in his place.
    Good job, and hopefully we won’t have to hear any more from him on ANY subject!

Donald Trump is kind of a joke in his own right, though, so maybe he will continue to provide us with his egotistical babble that never fails to givee me a good laugh.

Carry on, Mr. President; I think you are doing a terrific job, and I believe the majority of the public feels the same way!

6. Miguel Gomez says:

I just wont to make a comment about this kid…mmmmm ah ya..
    Jerry Teeple: are you sure that you are canadian kid? where did you learn your English…in Paris? You said : ”Trump is better then Obama” You must say: ””Trump is better THAN Obama” ok? than is a linking word used to compare two things, amount, etc. THEN is an adverb: example: ”I made a mistake, THEN somebody send me back to school” Ok Canadian kid? let this stuff for big people. Ahh yeah, I’m also Canadian and as you ask I will applaud you forever.

7. carole douaire says:

Miguel Gomez,

I too am Canadian and I know how to spell WANT. It is not wont .

Also , let me point out that all sentences start with a capital letter.

I would like to say, I think it is rude to correct someone when they have made a grammar or spelling mistake, but you had it coming.

Jerry Teeple has an opinion and he is entitled to it no matter how wrong I may think he is.
    I admire the President of the USA and I would be proud to have him as our leader here in Canada. He is always classy. Hasty decisions never leave him apologizing for things he jumped into. He gathers facts before he deals effectively with the problems, and I don’t believe he would have bombed the wrong country the way xPres. Bush Jr. did.
    Pres. Obama has a hard job to do and it seems that he spends more time fighting boneheads at home thanTHAN he does deamons abroad. If you want some advice repeat after me… God has blessed the USA!!!!